• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post-OCS Question

CaliFlyer52

Not to put the cart before the horse but...

Graduation for the OCS Class beginning in May 09 is early August 09. I am currently located on the West Coast and will be storing my stuff (car, other clothes, other worldly possessions) out here before I ship. I don't have anyone I can really store my things with.

1) Will I report directly to TBS following OCS?

If so...

2) Will I be permitted to return to the West Coast and gather my things and drop them at my parents (in Ohio) following OCS?

Just trying to figure out budget/logistics issues. My OSO is working on this as well, just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation.

Any help is appreciated.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor

Graduation for the OCS Class beginning in May 09 is early August 09. I am currently located on the West Coast and will be storing my stuff (car, other clothes, other worldly possessions) out here before I ship. I don't have anyone I can really store my things with.

If so...

2) Will I be permitted to return to the West Coast and gather my things and drop them at my parents (in Ohio) following OCS?

Just trying to figure out budget/logistics issues. My OSO is working on this as well, just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation.

Any help is appreciated.

If there's anything that I could possibly guess/gather/interpret from the countless postings on here from similar situations, is that you will have to wait to class up for TBS anyways, so yes, you should have time

But on the flip side I can guess/gather/interpret that you cannot predict everything The Corps will do, so have a plan just in case.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

If so...

Any help is appreciated.

1. I just graduated OCC-200, we checked into TBS within 4 hours after commissioning.

2.You might have a wait, but don't plan on it. Those who graduated OCC-200 and are classing up with Charlie Company did not get any days off other than the normal libo during weekends. Normal liberty has a 300 mile limit so don't plan on getting too far west.

I graduated OCC-200, but am classing up with Delta Co, (as is most brown baggers whom I graduated with). We had the option of taking up to 20 days of leave rather than hang out every day in Mike Co. Some guys in Charlie are getting screwed with not having a car and what not. We brown baggers got a good deal so we could move our families out here, but the needs of the Corps trumps all. Also, no PTAD was authorized for anyone, the Corps needs it's company grade officers in a bad way and doens't want any delays.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
1. I just graduated OCC-200, we checked into TBS within 4 hours after commissioning.

2.You might have a wait, but don't plan on it. Those who graduated OCC-200 and are classing up with Charlie Company did not get any days off other than the normal libo during weekends. Normal liberty has a 300 mile limit so don't plan on getting too far west.

I graduated OCC-200, but am classing up with Delta Co, (as is most brown baggers whom I graduated with). We had the option of taking up to 20 days of leave rather than hang out every day in Mike Co. Some guys in Charlie are getting screwed with not having a car and what not. We brown baggers got a good deal so we could move our families out here, but the needs of the Corps trumps all. Also, no PTAD was authorized for anyone, the Corps needs it's company grade officers in a bad way and doens't want any delays.

Listen to this, not mine
he's BTDT, I have not

btw Brown bagger is a Married person if you haven't gotten that down with the lingo yet..

CaliFlyer52

Thanks fellas, all the input is much appreciated.

Talked to my OSO this morning and he said the timing of OCS Graduation and the beginning of TBS has a gap of about 3 weeks. This would give me time to get back to Cali, tie up loose ends and gather my things and head back to Virginia. He also said I may want to consider driving to OCS. Looks like I have my answer.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Thanks fellas, all the input is much appreciated.

Talked to my OSO this morning and he said the timing of OCS Graduation and the beginning of TBS has a gap of about 3 weeks. This would give me time to get back to Cali, tie up loose ends and gather my things and head back to Virginia. He also said I may want to consider driving to OCS. Looks like I have my answer.

Like I said, Don't count on it. There are about 100+ guys classing up in Charlie Co who didn't get that luxury. That 3 week gap is spent doing zero week in processing stuff. You may not get the opportunity to take leave.

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
Like I said, Don't count on it. There are about 100+ guys classing up in Charlie Co who didn't get that luxury. That 3 week gap is spent doing zero week in processing stuff. You may not get the opportunity to take leave.

agreed. drive to OCS, otherwise you'll be like me, spending $1k to get your car shipped out here cause your OSO said you'd have time to go home and get your stuff and tie up loose ends...right.... graduate, commission, check in at TBS = about 3 hours total time. Then you get a 48 for the weekend and back on deck at TBS 0630 Monday morning for the start of zero week(s).

trongod46

pilot
drive to ocs and store your stuff, there,,, so you can drive on libo weekends during ocs.. then just make sure you dont fail out and your golden, a storage garage cant cost to much for 10 wks.

or drive to you parents now then store your stuff there, then drive to ocs. you are going to have to drive to VA eventually.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Anyone know what the time table is like for PLCers who are OCS complete, finishing their last year, and commissioning this summer?

I comm in July, requested TBS in Sept.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
drive to ocs and store your stuff, there,,, so you can drive on libo weekends during ocs.. then just make sure you dont fail out and your golden, a storage garage cant cost to much for 10 wks.

or drive to you parents now then store your stuff there, then drive to ocs. you are going to have to drive to VA eventually.

TMO may even pay for your storage unit too.

Anyone know what the time table is like for PLCers who are OCS complete, finishing their last year, and commissioning this summer?

I comm in July, requested TBS in Sept.

Mike Company...