• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post OCS/Pre TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

texag02

if you have a couple of months downtime after OCS before TBS...what do they do with you? i've had friends who only had a couple of weeks and they ran around seeing friends and family, but i've never known anyone to have longer than that

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Then you will be one of the few, the proud, Mike Company Lieutenants. You will do anything ranging to answering phone calls for a training company to working out all day with 2 formations. It's a very relaxed company, full of Lts waiting for a TBS class, to broken Lt's trying to heal and return to training status.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Can you use up your leave while in Mike Co, Since its more than likely during TBS and the flight school you won't be able to use any???

AArider

Not sure about LV while in M-Co, but I imagine you probably can.

You will have opportunities before, during, and after flight school for LV. Before flight school - enroute to Pcola you can take leave. I always took LV over the Christmas holidays, and after flight school - again enroute to your new duty station. Whatever you do, ensure you always take your leave - you need it, and you rate it - no matter what your CO, XO or OpsO says.

AArider

Taxman2A

War were declared.
I just got done taking 4 days of leave as a Mike Company Lt. Talking to some of the SPC's here at TBS, they say that you need to use leave any chance you get, because once you get in the fleet the operational tempo doesn't permit for much vacation time. One thing an SPC said was "You soon won't remember having less than 40 days saved up". Because of this, not only can you take leave while in Mike company-- You should.

el_bastardo

Yes, you can use leave while in Mike Co.

You probably won't have many days accrued unless you're prior enlisted. Also, I learned that you cannot use leave in conjuction with regularly scheduled liberty. That is, you can't take 5 days leave Mon-Fri and expect to have those weekends off too. You will have to take 9 days to account for the full week off. Sucks, but that's the way it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.