• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post OCS Move

Safashton

Looking to get some insight from previous OCS graduates who were SNA/SNFO that made the move to Pensacola with their families, not sure if being prior active duty makes a difference. I'm slated for the Dec 10th OCS class, however, I'm trying to figure out the post OCS portion for getting my family to Pensacola as well as the information I might need to help my wife coordinate this while I'm at OCS. I've heard from people in the past that you essentially pay out of pocket for the move and that the Navy will reimburse you later. This is significantky different from the moves I'm familiar with where I'm afforded house hunting leave and the navy sends movers to pack up my house, where ever is essentially taken care of.

Thanks for any help!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Looking to get some insight from previous OCS graduates who were SNA/SNFO that made the move to Pensacola with their families, not sure if being prior active duty makes a difference. I'm slated for the Dec 10th OCS class, however, I'm trying to figure out the post OCS portion for getting my family to Pensacola as well as the information I might need to help my wife coordinate this while I'm at OCS. I've heard from people in the past that you essentially pay out of pocket for the move and that the Navy will reimburse you later.

Thanks for any help!

I’m fairly certain this question has been answered on here before. I would try to search around if you can to see if you can find some solid gouge.

Next best bet (assuming no one here answers) is to see if your OR knows a prior enlisted OHARP that can field this question out.

You should plenty of OHARP time as an SNA to properly plan the move to P-Cola.

MemphisBell

pilot
I'm pretty sure the navy will pay for your move because you will be at NAS Whiting for flight school because you are married. When i moved down there, they didn't really pay for anything since i was single. Now you will just have to decide on where to live. I know several married SNA'a that moved near NAS Whiting straight from OCS and made the 45 minute commute to NAS Pensacola for mustering and API but only had a 10 minute commute during flight training. Others lived at Governors Gate apartments which is halfway between NAS Pensacola and NAS Whiting. If you have any further questions, PM me and good luck at OCS!