• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post Graduate Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

klray77

Geez, please excuse the crazy spelling errors in my last post. hahaha, ubundant..... how about abundant, or how do you spell that?? Maybe I should have chosen another word.

jaerose

klray77,

How did you manage to get them to let you get your AE masters before flight school? Even though it would mean putting off flight school initially, I would love to do that. Where did you get the information? Did you take the GRE, or anything like that? I would appreciate it if you would give me the hook-ups (ie who you talked to and how you 'negotiated' that deal).

Corky,

I completely understand that flight school will take up 32 of my daily 24 hours =) I'm not saying I'll go right into the online MBA program...it's just an eventual goal. I might enroll on a part-time basis and take one class per semester. I could probably manage it during a sea tour. I will just have to ask them how the program works. I think the beauty of it is I can go as fast/slow as I want, so I might take the snail's pace until I get some free time. I actually thought about starting it this summer before OCS (02AUG03). I do appreciate the information, though.

JR

klray77

Corky, I am going to AFIT.

JR,
I didn't have to do much of anything. There were certain majors that were eligible for the program. I majored in Mechanical Engineering and that was one of them. Beyond that you had to have at least a 3.0 GPA and have already been selected for aviation. There were only 23 NROTC midshipmen across the country who met the requirements. I'm not sure how many applied but 10 were selected. Once being contacted about the eligibility each member had to apply but the application process was easy. I only had to write a paragraph on why I desired graduate education. I didn't have to take any of the placement tests either like the GRE or whatever. It seems like a really cool deal. I wasn't going to be reporting to Pensacola until January anyway so although it delays my flight training some, it will only be about 5 or 6 months hopefully. Beats being stashed here in my unit until December.

Ken

jaerose

klray77,

So do you have any idea who I would contact to look into that? I've got over a 3.0 GPA and my degree is in Physics, which I would think would be eligible. Does the program have a specific name I could look into?

D_Mac,

Don't take everything at face value...remember when we first joined the Navy? We had to dig and find out we were eligible for all of this stuff since our recruiter didn't want to tell us.

JR

Flynator

To answer a previous question,
Your extra obligation towards grad school DOES count for pay and retirement. It also counts as time in grade for promotion purposes, although that can be a double edged sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.