• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Post 9/11 GI Bill Transfer to family members

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
You're exactly right Flash, at least one class has to be taken in the classroom. The rest can be online. Apologies for not being more specific.

boobcheese

5. ..... If you're on active duty and you or your family member uses the benefits, it only covers the tuition amount (and possibly only a portion of it a that). If you're no longer in the military, the person receiving the benefits will get BAH AND a book allowance too.

Like Flash said, things are in flux but according to the NAVADMIN dependent children will get BAH and a book stipend regardless of the status of the sponsor.

6. I believe MGIB and 9/11 is ONLY good for 10 years after you leave active duty. At 10 years, the benefits STOP...no matter if you're currently using them or not.

From the NAVADMIN spouses have 15 years from the discharge of the member to use benefits. For dependent children it must be used before they turn 26 with no stipulation on how long the member has been out.

Not saying that jboomer is wrong or things haven't changed, but until I see it in writing I would defer to the most recent instruction.