• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible Hornet Ride?

PatKaufer

OP gave me negative reps :rolleyes: and now he changed his avatar so no one will get it. Where is the pouty emoticon?
I apologize for the dislike. Undone. But, I did tell you you got your one free look! So no complaining when it gets taken away.:p On a more serious note, thanks to all who basically confirmed my suspicion that this is next to impossible.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
There is a lava monster way up on the top of that rock, right? :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I like how your slings match your shorts. Climb on, Patrick. Climb on. :D

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm at least 50% sure that I know which way is north from my house at the moment :)

That's the 'F' side of your VF/A split personality. The 'A' hemisphere knows your precise position in space 100% of the time!;)
FA-18-NAVY-Blue-Diamond.jpg
*No Slack in Hornet Attack...:cool:
BzB

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's the 'F' side of your VF/A split personality. The 'A' hemisphere knows your precise position in space 100% of the time!;)
View attachment 11390
*No Slack in Hornet Attack...:cool:
BzB

BTW, the VFA-146 Hornet above, is a direct descendent of my combat 'Alma Mater' the former A-4C Skyhawk Squadron VA-146.
VA-146 Patch 1968-1987.jpg
*Blue Diamonds are a girl's best friend! :)
BzB

Python

pilot
Contributor
Hi all,

I'm a Marine Option Midshipman at University of San Diego and I'm wondering what the chances are of setting up a back seat ride at some point. I've read the threads about it happening occasionally at CORTRAMID to the lucky few, but I figure it can't hurt to ask if I could get this set up. First off, is this possible? If so, if anyone on here is at 101 or the other 2 seat squadrons, or know of a POC for me, I'd love that. Thanks for the help.

V/R

Patrick Kaufer
NROTC San Diego

I got a ride with VFA-122 on CORTRAMID. A couple of marines did too I think. Basically it comes down to this: be liked and be lucky.

That's assuming that anybody is getting a ride at all during your year. Also, I'm in 101 and that's not gonna happen with us.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
BTW, the VFA-146 Hornet above, is from my combat 'Alma Mater' the former A-4C Skyhawk Squadron VA-146.
View attachment 11391
*Blue Diamonds are a girl's best friend! :)
BzB

Good buddy of mine, from the first day of API, through the end of the RAG and Hornet CQ and every stop in between, is flying those jets now. I think in their lot 10 chucks, he has possibly less gucci gear than you did back in the day :)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I got a ride with VFA-122 on CORTRAMID. A couple of marines did too I think. Basically it comes down to this: be liked and be lucky.

That's assuming that anybody is getting a ride at all during your year. Also, I'm in 101 and that's not gonna happen with us.

Yeah I got a half dozen flights in the Rhino and T-34 while I was doing my 1/c cruise in Lemoore. Never did CORTRAMID so I can't speak to that, but I was under the impression that it went to the guy/gal with the best PT scores or something equally as unrelated as that. And agreed, -101 isn't coughing up one of it's only up jets to fly a mid. It was hard enough for the stashed 2lt's to finagle T-34 rides, let alone a Hornet.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think in their lot 10 chucks, he has possibly less gucci gear than you did back in the day :)
"gucci gear", are you talking flight/survival gear''...LCDR Hugh Magee - CVA-64 1967.jpg

or aircraft equipment (doubtful)?:confused:
BzB