• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible Hornet Ride?

PatKaufer

Hi all,

I'm a Marine Option Midshipman at University of San Diego and I'm wondering what the chances are of setting up a back seat ride at some point. I've read the threads about it happening occasionally at CORTRAMID to the lucky few, but I figure it can't hurt to ask if I could get this set up. First off, is this possible? If so, if anyone on here is at 101 or the other 2 seat squadrons, or know of a POC for me, I'd love that. Thanks for the help.

V/R

Patrick Kaufer
NROTC San Diego

KBayDog

Mj-thriller-popcorn-o.gif

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I still haven't gotten the hornet ride they promised me when I was a midiot. this job is TOTAL BULLSHIT!

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
You most likely aren't going to have much luck as a Marine option, outside of cortramid. Navy options on aviation cruise often get rides (myself included when I was one), but you kind of get boned out of that experience with the Marine option summer requirements. FWIW, the entire 22 months and two summers I was a RAG student at -101, I never saw anyone get a backseat ride in a Hornet, cortramid middies included. Be top dog in cortramid and you might get a ride with -122, or perhaps your unit has an aviation club that could provide the opportunity. That's my suggestion.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
You most likely aren't going to have much luck as a Marine option, outside of cortramid. Navy options on aviation cruise often get rides (myself included when I was one), but you kind of get boned out of that experience with the Marine option summer requirements. FWIW, the entire 22 months and two summers I was a RAG student at -101, I never saw anyone get a backseat ride in a Hornet, cortramid middies included. Be top dog in cortramid and you might get a ride with -122, or perhaps your unit has an aviation club that could provide the opportunity. That's my suggestion.

Yup. You're a Marine Option. Therefore, your losery senior cruise will be replaced with the most bitchin' ass summer camp you've ever seen. 6 weeks of leadership, team building, fitness, orienteering and confidence building exercises are where it's at. You can get your flight time on your ride to and from Quantico. It's pretty much the same, right?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yup. You're a Marine Option. Therefore, your losery senior cruise will be replaced with the most bitchin' ass summer camp you've ever seen. 6 weeks of leadership, team building, fitness, orienteering and confidence building exercises are where it's at. You can get your flight time on your ride to and from Quantico. It's pretty much the same, right?

I'm not sure what orienteering is, but it sounds like something that should already be common sense without a class. I'm at least 50% sure that I know which way is north from my house at the moment :)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Fwiw your name is nearly identical to an old college roommate / NROTC bud of mine that now feasts on young ENS/JG's as a SWOrrior

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trust falls? Will here be trust falls?