• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible hernia?

mitrokhin

Two days ago when I was showering, I felt this bump like thing on my upper groin. I'm hoping it's a lymph node because it doesn't go down when I'm relaxed and laying on my back. I report to OCS on Sept. 21st, but I'm worried about being sent home. I've already sworn in and whatnot, and it took over a year to get to this point.

Should I see a doctor on the civilian side or wait it out and if it doesn't get worse, let the people at OCS find it?

Thanks

mitrokhin

Thanks for the advice. Should I contact my recruiter? I dont want to bother him with this if it'll only complicate things unnecessarily. Maybe only after the doctor says I do have one for sure?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for the advice. Should I contact my recruiter? I dont want to bother him with this if it'll only complicate things unnecessarily. Maybe only after the doctor says I do have one for sure?

Don't self-diagnose, go see a doc and if it is anything you have to report then tell the recruiter.

exNavyOffRec

If you do have a hernia get copies of the doctors diagnosis and take them to your recruiter, after surgery you will have a 6 month wait before you can be cleared and then able to get an OCS date.

I had a guy in the same circumstance.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
If it is a hernia, I can tell you with certainty that it is better to take care of it now, recover, and do OCS when you are better. I was diagnosed with the same thing (started with a lump in same spot) while I was training for the Marine Corps Marathon. I took the surgery, took 6 weeks off, then started picked up training again (easy) and ran the race. So glad I did. Doc said if I had waited until after the marathon to see him things might not have gone so well.

81montedriver

pilot
Definitely get it check out. I found mine near the end of a deployment and had surgery a few months later. The reason you don't want to wait is that a hernia can become encapsulated. Meaning the abdominal muscles begin to tighten up around the hernia to the point that the fluid inside the hernia is cut off from your intestine and can become severely infected and kill you.

Also recovery time is longer than you think. I was back flying within 6 weeks but I could not do a serious ab workout for at least 6 months. Even a year and a half later it still feels funny sometimes when I do leg lifts.

Good luck.

mitrokhin

Wow I had no idea that this was so common...

Today I went to go pump some gas into the car before my appointment, and my card wouldn't work. So I checked my bank account, and it was overdrawn from some fraudulent charge for over a grand to some place out in California. Great. So I had some cash on me luckily, but now I'm running late to the appointment. I'm not familiar with this part of Houston, so I exit a toll road and get onto a road that is 40mph. I was going 47mph according to the constable that pulled me over. Made it to the appointment, got felt up during a physical, and now I gotta get more lab work done. Doctor says it is either lymphoma or one hell of an infection because my lymph nodes are swollen all over my body. I'm not too worried about it though, since my family was really sick last week.

10/10, would relive this day all over. But all of your help so far made it that less stressful, so I really appreciate the help.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
:eek:
10/10, would relive this day all over. But all of your help so far made it that less stressful, so I really appreciate the help.
Wow, all that... and the day is only half over! What did you do to piss off the BIG GUY? :(:eek:
BzB

mitrokhin

:eek:
Wow, all that... and the day is only half over! What did you do to piss off the BIG GUY? :(:eek:
BzB

I don't know man, haha. I've already started a new day a few times today. If it keeps going like this, I might live a whole year in the span of a week. I'll probably take a nap and get over it :)

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Wow I had no idea that this was so common...

Today I went to go pump some gas into the car before my appointment, and my card wouldn't work. So I checked my bank account, and it was overdrawn from some fraudulent charge for over a grand to some place out in California. Great. So I had some cash on me luckily, but now I'm running late to the appointment. I'm not familiar with this part of Houston, so I exit a toll road and get onto a road that is 40mph. I was going 47mph according to the constable that pulled me over. Made it to the appointment, got felt up during a physical, and now I gotta get more lab work done. Doctor says it is either lymphoma or one hell of an infection because my lymph nodes are swollen all over my body. I'm not too worried about it though, since my family was really sick last week.

Masterbates has a replacement...
How do you feel about Manatees?
Pickle

mitrokhin

Masterbates has a replacement...
How do you feel about Manatees?
Pickle

I've always wanted to become a cyborg like that guy. I don't know too much about Manatees yet, but I've learned to stay the hell away from Persian chicks and busty red haired lasses with opiate addictions.

I think I'd take all the dating advice Villanelle has to offer.

Last edited: