• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible Gun Show score...

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Need input:
7.62 EBR, Sage stock, LRB upper and I assume LRB action.
No experience with LRB.
No mags, no accessories.

No mars or nicks, slight wear on the mag well and trigger guard.
Bolt face is clean, extractor looks very good.

Concerns:
Can't shoot it until after buying. No experience with LRB, but heard it was good, possibly as good or better than SA. Forged components, unknown barrel, Criterion?

I'm going to offer $1700. New Sage is $700-800. Figure the receiver and action have to be worth $1000 at least if it has the usual LRB components.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• EBR.jpg
    EBR.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 48

sodajones

Combat Engineer
LRB's forged receiver is pretty much the best M14 receiver you can buy today (the only other in the same league being the fabled-unobtanium Smith Enterprise receivers). Head and shoulders better than SAI's cast receivers not only because of how its made but also because their quality control and design specs are much more exact and consistent. This translates to no problems when installing a scope mount as opposed to trying to install mounts on an SAI receiver which usually ends in alterations in the scope mount to compensate for out-of-spec SAI receivers.

The stock alone is worth $600-800 and the LRB receivers go for about $900-1100 depending on the model. If all the various parts and barrel are USGI you can add another $800-1000 to that price tag as they are the highest quality and their availability is drying up. Criterion barrels are a great barrel made by Krieger that are button cut. Unless you were looking at making it a match rifle to compete with, I can't imagine needing another barrel other than the Criterion.

$1700 would be an absolute steal and $2100 is still a good buy.

Not sure what you meant by "LRB upper" I'm assuming you mean "receiver"

"LRB action" = LRB bolt?

Sapper!

Excuse the BS...
LRB's forged receiver is pretty much the best M14 receiver you can buy today (the only other in the same league being the fabled-unobtanium Smith Enterprise receivers). Head and shoulders better than SAI's cast receivers not only because of how its made but also because their quality control and design specs are much more exact and consistent. This translates to no problems when installing a scope mount as opposed to trying to install mounts on an SAI receiver which usually ends in alterations in the scope mount to compensate for out-of-spec SAI receivers.

The stock alone is worth $600-800 and the LRB receivers go for about $900-1100 depending on the model. If all the various parts and barrel are USGI you can add another $800-1000 to that price tag as they are the highest quality and their availability is drying up. Criterion barrels are a great barrel made by Krieger that are button cut. Unless you were looking at making it a match rifle to compete with, I can't imagine needing another barrel other than the Criterion.

$1700 would be an absolute steal and $2100 is still a good buy.

Not sure what you meant by "LRB upper" I'm assuming you mean "receiver"

"LRB action" = LRB bolt?

About to order a few more LRB AR lowers (stripped receivers) from wideners.com. Disappointed about inflation , last year I ordered 5 for about 60 bucks a pop and they are up to 82. Not a big deal but still. LRB has some great stuf.