• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

possibility of class 183 being cancelled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirGrunt

I just got off the phone with my OSO and he told me that there might be a chance that class 183 for OCC candidates would be cancelled. I was shocked to hear this and found that hard to believe. Has Anyone else heard anything like this? If so, I'd like to know.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
When I was at OCS this past summer (180), while standing guard when the rest of the company was in the chow hall, I overheard two Captains talking behind me. One of these Captains was an OSO, and the other a Platoon Commander for the current OCS class (farkle if you read this it was your platoon commander Captain Banning). At any rate, the OSO was saying that starting soon they were only going to accept air contracts for OCS, and that OCC 182 (the one that just started) was most definetely going to be cancelled. It looks like it got moved back to the 183 class. However, as is shown from the current situation, just because rumors are flying about a class being cancelled certainly doesn't mean it will be!

farkle84

taxman,

Capt Banning was pretty freaking smart and knew a lot about the OCS process as well as what the current trend was. he told us that since the 9/11 attack, so many people were flocking to OSO's and that there were so many applicants and so few active officers wanting to retire or get out, that they turned many away. i know for sure they arent accepting any ground contracts, but i know they are accepting flight applicants but it is very difficult to get in because of the surge of people that want to go. later taxman

davidsin

oh NO here we go again!
weeping_125.gif
Anyone else hear this?

I hope they don't do that. They banned Marines from retirement for one year, so it may be true.

http://www.beaufortgazette.com/local_news/story/2104053p-2005807c.html

timebomb_125.gif

Because the foolishness of God is wiser then men, and the weakness of God is stronger then men.

1 Corithians 1:25

kimphil

Originally posted by davidsin
oh NO here we go again!
weeping_125.gif
Anyone else hear this?

I hope they don't do that. They banned Marines from retirement for one year, so it may be true.

http://www.beaufortgazette.com/local_news/story/2104053p-2005807c.html

Stop loss for the Marines. Since there doesn't seem to be a shortage of people wanting to join the Marines, that must mean the fight is on. Iraq will be invaded this year, probably late winter to early spring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mongol General: ...Conan, what is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
Mongol General: That is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.