• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Port Visits

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I'm west coast. Our last deployment (the AG or GOO the whole time other than transit) we did Singapore, Jebel (a few times, some sandbox some not), Pattaya and Pearl. Hong Kong was on the table but got cnx'd. Malaysia was a possibility but didn't happen. Same with Guam. We all tried to convince ourselves we had a shot at Australia but I don't think we ever did.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Have WESTPACs scrapped out Australia nowadays? Whenever my dad went on one (80s/90s/early 2000s), it'd be a stop either going to the Gulf, coming back from the Gulf, or both.

swerdna

None
Contributor
Have WESTPACs scrapped out Australia nowadays? Whenever my dad went on one (80s/90s/early 2000s), it'd be a stop either going to the Gulf, coming back from the Gulf, or both.

I think so...I didn't get to go until I was stationed in Japan. Maybe they're trying to cut out fuel costs?

navy09

None

FWIW, I made it down to Sydney on cruise with an FDNF ship and even for them it was a big deal.

exhelodrvr

pilot
The lame: Crete, Cyprus, Bahrain
The good: Barcelona, Dubai, Naples
The outstanding: Malta - it's apparently the New Hotness for 20-something Eurotrash summer vacations.

I don't know of any carriers hitting Haifa lately, what with the Gaza unpleasantness, but I did hear it was a good time. Israeli girls...hot...

Monaco, Palma, ALexandria (take a trip down to Cairo). Haifa - yes, as a group Israeli women are the most attractive I've ever seen.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, yeah. Panama if you're doing CD ops. PC actually isn't bad the first few times. Women are gorgeous, pretty much everyone speaks English, at least sorta, the USD is the national currency, Gringos are welcome.

Unfortunately, you exhaust about everything there is to do after about two days.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
West Coast...

Honk Kong
PI
Singapore
Kuala Lumpur
Kadena
Yokosuka
Bahrain
Muscat
Dubai
Perth
Hobart
Sydney
St. Thomas

I'm sure I missed a few.

Ace_Austin

pilot
WESTPAC: MSC style anyways.
Guam
Sasebo X4
Chinhae
Okinawa
Darwin
Diego Garcia
Singapore

Fun LANT ports:
Vera Cruz
Cohb
St. Geroge
San Juan

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Oh, yeah. Panama if you're doing CD ops. PC actually isn't bad the first few times. Women are gorgeous, pretty much everyone speaks English, at least sorta, the USD is the national currency, Gringos are welcome.

Unfortunately, you exhaust about everything there is to do after about two days.

I'd still rather be bored in Panama City than bored in Manta (which apparently isn't on the roster anymore). For me, the absolute worst, however, is being stuck pierside in Colon for 2+ weeks. I ran out of pencils to jab in my eye.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot

A ship in our strike group actually made it down there, so no, but it seems rarer for carriers to go.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
In the '60's ... that "special" attraction resided in Palma, Majorca ... complete w/ busty Sweeeeeeedes and beautiful blond Norveeeeeeigians w/ perfect noses. :)

Malta was ... O.K. ... the best things there were the girls from the US Consulate ... there were still entire city blocks in rubble complements of the Luftwaffe and WW2 ... :eek: All the bars -- very, very British colonial ... kinda like Hong Kong was pre-1997 and Singapore two decades earlier.

Believe it or not; Beirut was 4.0 for LIBs ... the "Paris of the Middle East" ... this was before the civil war broke out, of course.

As of September '05 Palma was still quite choice.

MasterBates

Palma was the best port call I had on a MED/MEF cruise in 04.

BALTOPS 05.. Just insane for a shorty.
Kiel Germany- Great fun, it was "fleet week" for them. Great time.
Ventspiels Latvia- I was the first person in my family to go back since the commies left. Probably more special/fun for me than the rest, but I want to go back for a couple weeks.
Helsinki Finland- Eyeball liberty was outstanding.. I SHOULD have gone home with the hot finnish girl who was my height with great tracts of land, had I known what awaited me at home.

H60Gunner

Contributor
Helsinki Finland- Eyeball liberty was outstanding.. I SHOULD have gone home with the hot finnish girl who was my height with great tracts of land, had I known what awaited me at home.

I said the EXACT same thing except it was Perth.....