• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Poor Recruiter

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with a poor recruiter? Failure to respond to emails, voicemails, missed calls, does not notify me of updates on any paperwork, etc.

Has anyone had this problem? I'm on my second recruiter and have had problems with communication with both, and I am now looking for a third, but want to get it right this time.

I am in the central/north Florida area if anyone has a recruiter in the region that they would recommend?

Thank you!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Maybe you're a poor recruit and they don't want to waste their time? 45 5/6/5 isn't that good.

exNavyOffRec

Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with a poor recruiter? Failure to respond to emails, voicemails, missed calls, does not notify me of updates on any paperwork, etc.

Has anyone had this problem? I'm on my second recruiter and have had problems with communication with both, and I am now looking for a third, but want to get it right this time.

I am in the central/north Florida area if anyone has a recruiter in the region that they would recommend?

Thank you!

bad recruiters are like bad girlfriends, you just stick with them until you know they aren't pregnant, then you dump them and move on to the next one.

If the above doesn't make sense then you haven't had enough drinks :D

TheBirdy

pilot
As someone who went through 4 recruiters (yes, FOUR), I'll tell you what worked for me: persistence. Now I'm not saying be THAT guy who leaves an absurd amount of emails, voicemails, texts, etc. If I needed to contact my OR, I usually did through email. If it went unanswered for a few days, I would call. If no one answered, I left a voicemail. If that went unanswered for a day or two, I called once more. Finally, if no answer, I took myself into the office. If your OR is being dodgy, request to work with another OR. For whatever reasons I may have had uncommunicative ORs, I still made it a point to find them and get my point across: that I wanted to be a Naval Officer/Naval Aviator. ORs are busy people. They have other applicants to deal with, as well as other duties. Take initiative, and show that you want this more than anything else. Make yourself standout. Your kit isn't going to magically make it to the board. YOU need to stay on top of your OR and make sure it gets through the checkpoints and where it needs to be. Study the ASTB gouge on here, and knock it out of the park (very minimum 7s). Like I said, persistence. It's hard to turn someone away who keeps coming back (in this case at least ;)). Best of luck.

MGoBrew11

pilot
As someone who went through 4 recruiters (yes, FOUR), I'll tell you what worked for me: persistence. Now I'm not saying be THAT guy who leaves an absurd amount of emails, voicemails, texts, etc. If I needed to contact my OR, I usually did through email. If it went unanswered for a few days, I would call. If no one answered, I left a voicemail. If that went unanswered for a day or two, I called once more. Finally, if no answer, I took myself into the office. If your OR is being dodgy, request to work with another OR. For whatever reasons I may have had uncommunicative ORs, I still made it a point to find them and get my point across: that I wanted to be a Naval Officer/Naval Aviator. ORs are busy people. They have other applicants to deal with, as well as other duties. Take initiative, and show that you want this more than anything else. Make yourself standout. Your kit isn't going to magically make it to the board. YOU need to stay on top of your OR and make sure it gets through the checkpoints and where it needs to be. Study the ASTB gouge on here, and knock it out of the park (very minimum 7s). Like I said, persistence. It's hard to turn someone away who keeps coming back (in this case at least ;)). Best of luck.

Dude! Congrats on your selection. I know it has been a long time coming. Knock em dead.

As raven said, persistence is key.

Knightsnation

Knightsnation
Hey Kyle, I had an amazing recruiter here in Jacksonville that you might want to look into. At times he can be difficult to get a hold of but overall he was fantastic. He also won recruiter of the year this year.

Hey Kyle, I had an amazing recruiter here in Jacksonville that you might want to look into. At times he can be difficult to get a hold of but overall he was fantastic. He also won recruiter of the year this year.
Would you mind messaging me his contact info? I should be heading to NRD Jax sometime in the next week or so.

I second this. Also, it looks like you're 21... did you graduate college yet?
I graduate in December of this year and I am retaking the ASTB in March of next year.. The first time I took the ASTB, I was unaware of this website and all of its awesome resources, people, and advice. My only resource was the Military Aptitude Tests For Dummies Book, so I am very confident I can raise my scores significantly by that time.

Thank you! I've done my best to be very persistent without being annoying. I've just learned that my OR is being transferred in January, so I'll have to be assigned to another recruiter anyway. At this point I feel as if the only obstacle really holding me back to qualify for SNA is my ASTB scores, so after I retake it in March and improve my test scores, I'll feel extremely good about my packet as a whole. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had to switch between multiple recruiters! Awesome advice.