• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Polo, khakis, and brown shoes for OCS?

nightflaw

I remember reading somewhere on here that we needed to bring a pair of nice brown shoes, khakis, and a polo for SOMETHING that happened at OCS. Can't for the life of me remember what it was or where I read it, and I'm not coming up with anything through the search.

The only possibility I thought of was wearing them if we went off base for liberty weekends. Anyone know anything about it?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
I remember reading somewhere on here that we needed to bring a pair of nice brown shoes, khakis, and a polo for SOMETHING that happened at OCS. Can't for the life of me remember what it was or where I read it, and I'm not coming up with anything through the search.

The only possibility I thought of was wearing them if we went off base for liberty weekends. Anyone know anything about it?

It's not a bad idea, but you likely won't be wearing any civilian clothes until you graduate.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Don't overdress on day one in case you don't like what happens to those clothes, or don't want to leave in them. Don't dress like an idiot or in a way to get negative attention, but don't worry about "looking professional" or whatever.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's not a bad idea, but you likely won't be wearing any civilian clothes until you graduate.
In 1979 we were issued a Naval Aviation Schools Command polo shirt with the command patch over the pocket. It was intended for official use events where uniform wasn't appropriate. We wore them with the old working blue pants we were issued or the issue PT shorts. The events my class wore them at were a big regional youth swim meet in the vill where we were lane judges, and sailing on the 40ft ketch they used for the seamanship practical and demo.