• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Police shooting outside Whiting field

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I bet the snowflakes start complaining that the cop was disrespectful throwing so many F-bombs.

And of course the criminal's Mom will be on TV saying "He didn't have to shoot my son. My son would never have hurt the police officer. He was just trying to give him a hug as an apology for driving too fast."

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The YouTube comments on this one are dumb as hell...

It looks to me like the cop controlling the situation and using an appropriate level of force to stop the threat. That's just my semi informed/semi dumb citizen's opinion.

Something I thought too, from his tone when he's giving the perp verbal commands, is that he sounds in control of his emotions and instincts. He's amped up and yelling, but it's yelling with a purpose, not as a reaction to adrenaline. He sounds like he has presence of mind and SA of his surroundings. Sometimes in cop videos the cop's voice has a different quality than this guy's and with a less favorable outcome.

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I bet the snowflakes start complaining that the cop was disrespectful throwing so many F-bombs.

And of course the criminal's Mom will be on TV saying "He didn't have to shoot my son. My son would never have hurt the police officer. He was just trying to give him a hug as an apology for driving too fast."

Dunno, this one seems like a pretty cut-and-dry situation, no matter what the skin tone. The snowflakes like to focus on the events that are a little more...uh...dubious. The guys on the ground, the guys with hands up, the guys not resisting, those kinds of things.

There'd probably be a different reception to this one if that guy got out of the car with his hands up and stayed there before getting shot.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Dunno, this one seems like a pretty cut-and-dry situation...
Probably not to the jack-fuck sovereign citizen community... “Oh, we’re allowed to steal vehicles!” “Oh, we’re allowed to travel freely and recklessly on roadways in vehicles that we stole!” “Oh, law enforcement is not allowed to shoot us when we’re not compliant with law enforcement commands and brandish edged weapons that we need to protect us from law enforcement!”

GroundPounder

Probably not to the jack-fuck sovereign citizen community... “Oh, we’re allowed to steal vehicles!” “Oh, we’re allowed to travel freely and recklessly on roadways in vehicles that we stole!” “Oh, law enforcement is not allowed to shoot us when we’re not compliant with law enforcement commands and brandish edged weapons that we need to protect us from law enforcement!”

Sovereigns very dangerous to deal with, especially if they are all in. Many believe that the majority of police encounters are not legal, and then follow up that belief with the fact that many states allow citizens to meet unlawful force with force.

They also are pretty good at using the system ( many times by exploiting incompetence on the part of clerks ) to use the law to harass those they disagree with. In my jurisdiction we had one get a court order to have a person evicted from and address, all signed and sealed by a judge. All fine and well, except the address was a county office, and the person was a county employee that ran the office.

I think it's like being in a cult, at the start everything is based on reality , and before you know it you believe a flag with fringe in a courtroom is a sign that the whole process is invalid.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Sovereigns very dangerous to deal with, especially if they are all in. Many believe that the majority of police encounters are not legal, and then follow up that belief with the fact that many states allow citizens to meet unlawful force with force.

They also are pretty good at using the system ( many times by exploiting incompetence on the part of clerks ) to use the law to harass those they disagree with. In my jurisdiction we had one get a court order to have a person evicted from and address, all signed and sealed by a judge. All fine and well, except the address was a county office, and the person was a county employee that ran the office.

I think it's like being in a cult, at the start everything is based on reality , and before you know it you believe a flag with fringe in a courtroom is a sign that the whole process is invalid.
Sir, have you encountered any sovereigns during your tenure in LE? I don’t know if the whole sovereign citizen gig is fairly recent...but I didn’t encounter any sovereigns [that I was aware of] during my brief two years on patrol as a Cincinnati Police Officer [2004-2006]...and I did a ton of traffic stops. Also, I don’t recall receiving any specific training during the Cincinnati Police Academy [2004] or subsequent annual in-service training regarding managing sovereign citizens.

GroundPounder

Sir, have you encountered any sovereigns during your tenure in LE? I don’t know if the whole sovereign citizen gig is fairly recent...but I didn’t encounter any sovereigns [that I was aware of] during my brief two years on patrol as a Cincinnati Police Officer [2004-2006]...and I did a ton of traffic stops. Also, I don’t recall receiving any specific training during the Cincinnati Police Academy [2004] or subsequent annual in-service training regarding managing sovereign citizens.

Yes, we run into them fairly frequently. In the past it has been more of a Caucasian thing, but we are seeing more and more African Americans that have begun to follow this philosophy. There is training out there for this, much of which is sponsored and taught through the Justice Department. It is very helpful to be trained, as they all tend to follow the same playbook and have the same tactics they employ.

Like anything else, there are gradients, some people are all in, and others just on the fringes but they all have a distrust of LE and government in general. They will usually acknowledge that a county Sheriff has limited authority, but some won't recognize a deputy, only the person elected as the Sheriff.

The problem that we run into in LE is that the sovereign citizen can speak very eloquently about their cause, and if they are good enough and the deputy green enough it all sounds relatively plausible. For the ones that are predisposed to violence, they usually train for encounters and have a plan, which makes them very dangerous. Check out this link. In fact one of the deceased police in this encounter has a father that retired from LE and now travels teaching a DOJ class on this topic. There many other instances out there where you can see people that have a plan to act when contacted by police, and it usually does not end well for the officer.

As you know from your experience with the Cincinnati PD, there is a world of difference between someone fighting to get away vs. the person is trying to do you harm.

Sonog

pilot
Dunno, this one seems like a pretty cut-and-dry situation, no matter what the skin tone. The snowflakes like to focus on the events that are a little more...uh...dubious. The guys on the ground, the guys with hands up, the guys not resisting, those kinds of things.

There'd probably be a different reception to this one if that guy got out of the car with his hands up and stayed there before getting shot.

Wait, so you're saying only snowflakes care when people get murdered with their hands up in the air and not resisting?