• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLNU

Chris94

CWO selected
Does anybody have any experience with Point Loma? I'll probably be going there and I'm wondering if there's any difference with going to a crosstown school or not?

Renegade One

None
Does anybody have any experience with Point Loma? I'll probably be going there and I'm wondering if there's any difference with going to a crosstown school or not?
If it's the San Diego NROTC experience you're looking for, PLNU is one of 5 in that "consortium". Any school that will take you for the program is obviously a good one, given the long-term outcome, but if it's a larger, football-vibe campus you're looking for, SDSU might be more to your tastes.
Not sure what you mean by "crosstown schools" otherwise…none of them are all that far apart, although the NROTC Unit is bedded down/HQ'd at USD.

Chris94

CWO selected
If it's the San Diego NROTC experience you're looking for, PLNU is one of 5 in that "consortium". Any school that will take you for the program is obviously a good one, given the long-term outcome, but if it's a larger, football-vibe campus you're looking for, SDSU might be more to your tastes.
Not sure what you mean by "crosstown schools" otherwise…none of them are all that far apart, although the NROTC Unit is bedded down/HQ'd at USD.
I just want to go to San Diego for NROTC, my goal is just to get into the program as of now. I mean cross-town as in one of the school isn't the one where NROTC is HQ'd.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So if you are thinking of attending PLNU, you'll need transportation in order to attend NROTC Naval Science class, PT & Drill/Lab. The drive from Point Loma to USD is about 15-20 minutes each way. I'd imagine a bus would be a PITA but doable! A lot of surfers enjoy the water just off PLNU. I work about 1/4 of a mile from PLNU. From what I've heard, it's a good school.

Chris94

CWO selected
So if you are thinking of attending PLNU, you'll need transportation in order to attend NROTC Naval Science class, PT & Drill/Lab. The drive from Point Loma to USD is about 15-20 minutes each way. I'd imagine a bus would be a PITA but doable! A lot of surfers enjoy the water just off PLNU. I work about 1/4 of a mile from PLNU. From what I've heard, it's a good school.
Yeah I've thought about that, hopefully maybe a carpool is available. That's good to hear! The websites say alot, but many are biased, good to hear it from someone who lives close by, thanks!