• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLEASE HELP WITH THE ASTB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Borncreole

Here are a few questions I have concerning the ASTB
banghead_125.gif
:
Q-How is a cabin compressed compared to sea level
Q-What should I study for the verbal section of the math verbal (nothing in the guide)
Q-How well do I need to know the electrical stuff for the mech comp (not much in the guide)
Q-How accurate is the Aviation nautical section (do I need to study different books)
Q-Will the ARCO help out more for the mech comp section or the marine guide (which is better)

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED BY ALL OF US HOPEFULS

russo22jax

Hey Borncreole,
I have taken the ASTB and plan to re-take it at the end of this month. From all of the study material that I have seen the Marine study guide is probably the closest thing that you can get to the test itself. I am also using the ASVAB study guide which is similar. ARCO is good for spacial apperception. Use a pilot knowledge handbook that covers basic principles for flight for aviation knowledge and use the ASVAB guide to learn the electrical (probably at least 3 questions on the test). Verbal you can use the ASVAB to learn roots and prefixs to words to expand you vocab. Best of luck!

Pat

spongebob

Borncreole,
I am in the process of putting in my app and scored all 9's on the ASTB. I would suggest getting as many different study guides as possible and working through all of them. I would take their practice tests timed and go over the things that you did not know. Learn the why behind the questions and answers. Use the gouge practice tests off this board. For your specific questions...
1. Cabin pressure is generally equivelent to 8000 ft msl on airliners. I would assume this is the same for military aircraft.
2. You can't really study for the verbal. Check out what the questions will be like in the study guides though. If you haven't read alot during your life you aren't going to know the vocabulary as well and there isn't anything to do about that now.
3. Learn about circuits in parallel and circuits in seriies. Learn about voltage, current, and resistance and how the three relate to each other.
4. If you haven't been around boats and planes your whole life you will have to study up on this area with different books (other then the study guides). Try Chapmans for the nautical and Jeppsen for the aviation.
5. I bought and used every study guide I could find.

Doing well is only a matter of studying. How much time you put into studying depends on how bad you want this. I want it bad.

Spongebob

russo22jax

Way to go spongebob! You are right on about studying. I hope that it pays off for me this time around like it did for you.

PR

ldbluitt

i take my test on july 23 I am ready for the math verbal and the aviation and naoutical info can anyone help me

LeArlino D Bluitt

tdunn

Where can I find the Marine study guide? I already have the ARCO books. As far as studying for the math part, my recruiter told me study the math portion of the NTE. It supposedly helps. We'll find out in Sept. :)

Borncreole

THANK YOU!!!!, and GFJ there spongebob. I will take yalls advice.

Tdunn the marine study guide is on this website Resources/filelister/gouge/pg4 (there are 3 .pdf files for the ASTB) good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.