• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Please help this Supply DCO Candidate

jhopmsu

Hello Folks,

It would be so helpful to speak to a current Reserve Supply Officer to discuss committments to the Navy. Can you have flex drills? Can I drill during the week? Just a few questions, I would greatly appreciate getting in touch with someone! Thanks!

cargodog

Some units do flex drills, most do not. I wouldn't count on it, but it seems like if you want that type of unit, you'll likely get it since most people don't have enough flexibility with their work life to do a flex drill unit. But generally, they're doing very cool stuff. If you're not in a flex drill unit, you will be expected to show up on regular drill weekend with your unit.

As for commitments, don't let the recruiting poster lead you to believe its only one weekend a month / 2 weeks a year. As an officer, you will be required to do a lot outside the drill weekend. I probably do about 2 hours of Navy related work a week outside drill weekend. I will also be completing my 5th AT in 2 years. Of course, they can't MAKE you do more AT's but once in, you quickly learn that this too is a competitive community and in order to make it through the ranks you need to put in more than the minimum. Its exhausting at times, but its still incredibly rewarding and is a great experience.

MasterBates

Yep, but it also makes it about impossible for people without 9-5 jobs to do Reserves especially when coupled with very few NOSCs compared to Army and Air Guard locations, nevermind hardware units.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2