• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Please Help... Maybe I'm Not Smart Enough?

Futureaviator90

That is a good point and to the OP the LOR from the 2 star should be written from the point of a character reference as he has known you your whole life, that and LFCFan LOR put them in different catagories than a person that meets you for 30 minutes.

Some flag LOR's I have seen were decent, but here are some parts or entire parts of LOR's I read from flag officers that provided my office with entertainment, this wasn't good for the candidates.

"xxxx did not understand how a battalion was organized" - civilian applicant applying for CEC
"I interviewed XXXX and found him to be of fine character, he will be a fine addition to the wardroom" - that was the entire narrative.
"many illegible words" - narrative was written in sharpie, this amazed me.
"xxxx impressed me etc..... then something about being a Naval Aviator" - problem, guy was applying for Supply, no idea how that happened.

I was able to read one from a Congressman, all of about 3 lines said he reviewed XXXX application and recommend him for commissioning, but flowered it up for 3 lines.

The best one I ever read was from a SEAL Captain, you could tell that he took notes during the interview and paid attention to what the candidate was saying.
The second best one was from a congressman's aide who worked for a Senator and watched my candidate grow up, was able to talk about watching my candidate be involved in clubs, volunteer, sports, etc....

I'm not too sure as to how it came out but I am assuming it came out good because my recruiter decided it was the best one. My other question now is, did they change how many character references you can have? When I applied back in March, I had three. Now all I can have is one? I had another 1 star and a Navy Captain too.

exNavyOffRec

I'm not too sure as to how it came out but I am assuming it came out good because my recruiter decided it was the best one. My other question now is, did they change how many character references you can have? When I applied back in March, I had three. Now all I can have is one? I had another 1 star and a Navy Captain too.

They did not, the checklist is a minimum required.