• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC'ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
What do you call yourself if you are going the PLC route? What I mean is when your still in school but have completed one or both summer increments, what do you tell people you are when they ask "are you in the Marines"? Probably an irrelevent question, but it's something that popped up in my mind.

One more ?, can you wear your cammies when you're not at OCS? For example, some sort of gathering or something of that nature? Thanks.

"For he who serves his fellows, is among his fellows greatest."
- Meteu -

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Also, do you wear any kind of temporary rank on your Cammie collar?

- Meteu -

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
You are always considered a candidate. Although, I believe you are also considered a poolee after completing at least one session of OCS. You do not wear any type of rank insignia on your collar as a candidate (except what they'll give you during leadership billets at OCS). You'll have white nametapes across your cammies on the front and a large one across the back. They're not fit to wear until you have earned the title of U.S. Marine and have your real nametapes sewn on your inspection cammies. To my knowledge, there should be no reason to wear your cammies except during a OCS prep-weekend or after you're commissioned.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Thanks for the information FrogFly. Do you stincel (sp?) your last name on the nametape?

- Meteu -

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
My bad: stencil*

- Meteu -

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
You may have to stencil something every night. Your stencil sheet will probably look like wadded up trash by the end of OCS.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
To add to that post, there are a few other pictures where the graduates are being presented with some sort of plaque. Can you explain that too? Thanks.

- Meteu -

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
It appears to be some sort of statue -- if you graduate OCS with high academics, the best PT average, or whatever, you get certain things (a watch, plaque, etc). I got a plaque from the Marine Corps Association. That little trophy he's holding looks like an astronaut with a rifle and a microphone! I can't see it well enough to figure it out though.

Beaver

That candidate is holding the trophy for the platoon which scored the best average on certain graded PT events. 1st platoon won and he accepted it for them. The plaque you're talking about is probably the platoon drill plaque, which was presented to 1st platoon as well. Don't go jumping to conclusions about 1st platoon being the best, because 2nd platoon one both series of pugil sticks, the log race, the field meet, and would have one the platoon drill as well if we didn't have so many rocks fail the written test. It's all fun competition and 1st platoon did a good job giving us a great run.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Beaver, did you just return from OCS?

- Meteu -

Beaver

Yes, graduated with 182, now on leave for a few days before TBS.
Also, to correct my earlier comment, I think the plaque was an academics award as previously speculated.

Beaver

Charger, we had 163 show up on the first day, about 158 begin training, and 91 graduate.
Quite a lot of people to lose, but that's the way it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.