• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC vs NROTC

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
NROTC on scholarship is probably a better financial deal--no college loans after graduation, which can be huge, esp if you went to a private school. If you are on in-state tuition or not on scholarship, PLC can be a better financial deal if you sign early since your PLC time counts towards years of service for pay purposes. This means your paycheck could be a couple hundred fatter each month for the whole time you're in the Corps.

I thought I got a ton out of NROTC. Perhaps if I was PLC at a school with a good Semper Fi Society I'd have gotten the same, but I doubt it. The training, comraderie, and leadership opportunities in NROTC can't be crammed into a few weeks. Plus, your first 2 summers you get to do the summer training bit, which was really cool. After freshman year, I went on a cruiser in the Persian Gulf; after sophomore I did CORTRAMID on the West Coast, basically doing fastasy-camp-style-training in submarines, airplanes, the Marine Corps, and surface Navy (okay, that last one was lame).

I went to a campus as liberal as any, and the uniform was never an issue.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
NROTC on scholarship is probably a better financial deal--no college loans after graduation, which can be huge, esp if you went to a private school. If you are on in-state tuition or not on scholarship, PLC can be a better financial deal if you sign early since your PLC time counts towards years of service for pay purposes. This means your paycheck could be a couple hundred fatter each month for the whole time you're in the Corps.
And don't forget MGIB...