• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC-Seniors vs. OCC

DimndDave14

How does PLC-Seniors compare to regular OCC physically. I know you have to do the CRT and E-Course, 5-mile run, Fartlek, UBDS, run-circuit and push/pulls and all that fun stuff.

My question is with OCC they kinda took you in gradually (example only doing loops 1 and 2 with green boxes of Fartlec runs, then went to yellow and black and then added loop 3) Same with UBD's and push/pulls, they had several different levels. So it really got you prepared for the CRT and E-Course.

Since PLC-Seniors is only 6 weeks how does the PTing compare, where does it start at are they expecting you to be at week 5 OCC condition or what?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
It's hard to compare since I only did PLC Jrs/Srs but I can honestly say that after 6 weeks my body was ready for a break. (not saying I wouldn't have made it in the 10 week program) That being said, going back the second time sucked bigtime. In that respect it would have been nice to get it over with in one shot.

I wouldn't think the PT would be that much different between PLC jrs/srs and OCC/PLC comb. It probably varies slightly from company to company anyway, no matter what program you're in.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
i'm under the impression (hearing from people that have done PLC combined, and people that have done Srs) is that for Srs, you need to be ready to PT hard, that was the rationale for JRS, so you know kind of what to expect. I ship to srs for May 28th class, and personally, i'm not going to go to Srs in any worse shape than i came out of Jrs in. I believe they pick up pretty much where you left off with Jrs as far as PT, and then advance from there. where PLC Combined will start where we started in Jr's, and work its way up from there. So i would anticipate starting off Srs with the hardest PT we did in Jrs. and keep in mind, we do Sule 1 right away as well

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
The largest difference in PT between the jr/sr courses is the amountof PT done on the PT field. At jrs I remember it being an almost everyday thing: ubd's, cvf's, O-course, etc. At seniors I barely remember any of that kind of stuff. It was a PT event almost everyday. Yes, you'll do the wonderful mobility laps and stretch, but then it's off for squad or individual runs, e-course, combat course, etc. Almost everyday is boots and utes.

Raptor2216

I went the jrs/srs route and I really think it was better than doing OCC because you get to see what is expected of you the first time. Jr's is more for "motivating and training" while sr's is more for "training and evaluating". I didn't do as well as I would have liked during jr's but I made sure that I would not go back to sr's and make the same mistakes.

So, when I did return for sr's, I performed significantly better because I knew exactlly what would happen. The PT was definately played a bigger part in life during sr's but it was never an issue. We also had an OCC combined class going though at the same time and they would be out there on the PT field with us. They just had a lot more time to finish all the events compared to us. We had to complete everything in 6 weeks so you can imagine that our graded events were stacked. I believe we had about 4 graded events during the last 2-3 weeks along with SULE II. I figure that's about the only difference between the two. Eitherway, you better come prepared.