• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC seniors june04

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Not me, but I hope I'll be accepted to Juniors. Do you have any idea what the competition for selection is like for college freshmen?

Raptor2216

Well, from what I hear, things are looking pretty competetitive at the moment. Now, what I don't know for sure is if that only applies to the OCC/Combined folks or if its the same across the board for everyone. I say, do the best you can with the PFT and all and hope for the best. When I applied, my OSO told me that the boards select 3 guys for every one candidate who is likely to succeed. Personally, I don't know of anyone who has ever been turned down for PLC but I guess its a possibility. Goodluck.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Raptor, I'm a double major right now undecided AND undeclared :)
I'm pretty confident I'll go into aero engineering. It seems interesting to me and the biggest complaint I have seen from the guys that dropped it was how hard the physics classes are. Which seems odd to me because there are only three and its pretty much AP Physics all over again. We'll see though, maybe I'll have a rude awakening. Oh, and yes I am at UC Irvine. My friends down at UCSD tell me you guys decided to just stop school because of a little smoke.

Actually I've heard from a lot of people that dont even know if their houses are still standing, its really sad.

Raptor2216

Well, I don' tknow what you consider little smoke/smog since you live near LA but for us it's pretty bad. Just to give you an example, night fell at around 5Pm today and your eyes burn when you go outside. To top it all off, you also have to deal with the whole breathing issue. But, i'm am ME down here and got another 5 quarters to go and I can't wait to get it over with. The physics wasn't that big a deal for me but I imagine some people would hate it. The best part though is that you never really use anything from the second two physics classes during the remainder of your studies. If i were you though, I would stick to mechanical eng. For one thing it will take you less time to finish and you end up with a braoder understanding of engineering. You can still do some aero classes as technical elective but that's just a recommendation. I'll be out in quantico for seniors next summer but i'm sure i'll see you on the juniors PT field. Goodluck.

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Thanks Raptor. I'll think about mechanical. I know at UCI the two courses are very similar. I haven't seen any pictures of San Diego except for the local news coverage, but I did see some satellite photos. Its a shock to see so much of southern california is burning, espically the San Diego area which looks completely covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.