• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatFarmer35

Hello:

I had a few questions about being selected for PLC.

I've read some of the posts below about being selected for PLC being easy. I've read about lots of people being denied for BDCP, Air Force OTS, ect, but I havn't heard of anyone being denied for PLC. If you qualify for everything (flight physical, tests, ect) are you pretty much guarenteed getting a SNA slot with PLC?

I'm assuming the Marine Corps is in need a lot of pilots right now. I was just wondering if the Marine Corps has always had a great need for pilot like they do now. And if it is likley that this need will continue over the next several years?

Thank you for replying.

Sophro

SNA--13 Nov 2004
Just make sure that you really kick some butt on the PFT. Try and score somewhere around the 270 mark--or higher. This is no joke; the competition is tight and fitness is a huge factor for the Marines. If you 'pass' everything else then the outlook is usually good.

The Marines always need a steady influx of pilots. But remember: Marine first, specialty second. Show them that this is your mentality and you'll be fine.

PhatFarmer35

Thank you for replying.

Do you know if I would be able to apply for PLC during my senior year of college? If so, would I go to the 10 weeks of OCS after graduation?

Dustball

2nd LT
No, you can only apply to PLC if you are a junior or below. If you are a senior you would apply for OCC and would attend 10 weeks of OCS after you graduate from college.

Dustball

2nd LT
PLC-combined and OCC are pretty much the same thing except OCC'ers are commissioned at the end of OCS and PLC-C go back for their senior year of college. Regular PLC goes to 2 six week sessions at OCS then are commissioned when they finish college. The application process for all three are almost identical.

PhatFarmer35

I would assume it's just as difficult to get selected for OCC and it would be for PLC right? After college graduation, an SNA selected for OCC would go to OCS, TBS and then to flight school correct?

DBLang

PLC Candidate
The training pipeline is more or less the same for OCC and PLC, but generally it is harder to be accepted for OCC.

PhatFarmer35

Is being selected for OCC a lot harder than being selected for PLC? Meaning it is just as difficult to be selected for OCC as BDCP or Air Force OTS?

Dustball

2nd LT
It's really not fair to say one is easier to get selected for because their is a lot of different factors that each program considers. OCC guys generally have many more applicants because there is more people that have graduated and are now looking for jobs than college kids looking to join. That being said there are many more OCC slots because OCC runs all year and PLC just in the summer. It all evens out in the end, bottom line if your qualified and you OSO thinks you are a good candidate (because your OSO evaluation has a lot to do with selection) you have a good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.