• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC questions

Dogpatch09

Hello, I'm about to start my sophomore year and Im at a bit of a loss, need some help.

First off, I've known about the PLC program and was interested it the end of my last year, my problem was GPA, right now its a 2.0. I have yet to take the ASTB, and I am studying for it. My OSO told me that there were a small amount of slots that Michigan was sending next summer, and that the 10 week option for PLC no longer exists. So If I dont make it this year, Im done, cant do any other ROTC with the exception of Advanced standing for NROTC. Or after college, OCC.

So this leaves me with no idea what to do, I want to wait till after my next term with a higher GPA and rock out on the PFT. And if I dont make that, then Advanced standing, or OCC, but from the chatter on this website, its only getting worse. Should I still consider PLC?

Anybody have any ideas?

rallyracer

My personal recommendation would be to get into PLC asap. I decided in January to pursue a career in Marine Corps aviation and graduated in June. The initial plan from my GySgt was to be in OCC in Oct. 2012. Now I'll be lucky to get into OCC in Oct. 2013. The wait is tough because all the available slots are being held for PLC guys that are already on contract; we OCC'ers are simply there to fill a need (if it arises). Until that need arises, it's hurry up and wait.