• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plc/ocs

Bullitt01

I was selected by the board (about two months ago) for an AIR contract and will be attending OCS 1st increment this summer. If you're serious about becoming a Marine Officer first and a pilot second, then your OSO will be more than willing to show you the way. The best thing you can do is to stay in shape, pass your classes, attend every pool function you can, & don't ever give up... Do all of this and you should have an excellent chance at an AIR contract.

tcam

Bullitt01 what were your scores for your PFT? How long did it take for you to hear back from the board? Just wondering what my chances are as I am currently waiting to hear to back from the January board and if accepted I will be attending first increment this summer on an air contract.

81montedriver

pilot
When I went through OCS, the female platoon was right next to us. They started with about 70 and finished with 15 or 16. They pretty much dropped like flies after week 4. Not sure if the cold during the second half had anything to do with it or that we were all scared shitless of their instructors.

Bullitt01

Bullitt01 what were your scores for your PFT? How long did it take for you to hear back from the board? Just wondering what my chances are as I am currently waiting to hear to back from the January board and if accepted I will be attending first increment this summer on an air contract.

My PFT as it was sent to the board was a 287. My packet was sent out sometime in late September & I was selected in early November. However this was an odd occurance because was supposed to go out for the January boad if I remember correctly yet they must've tossed mine in with an earlier bunch. About 80 candidates sent out packets for the November board, about 30 were selected, and only 7 were AIR contracts. I was one of the seven. Good luck & stay focused.

EDIT: I see now that you WERE accepted, congratulations! The easy part is over :). I'll be seeing you at 1st increment this summer, PM me if you need some good gouge on what to bring or any questions you might have.

J

JJax107

I was selected by the board (about two months ago) for an AIR contract and will be attending OCS 1st increment this summer. If you're serious about becoming a Marine Officer first and a pilot second, then your OSO will be more than willing to show you the way. The best thing you can do is to stay in shape, pass your classes, attend every pool function you can, & don't ever give up... Do all of this and you should have an excellent chance at an AIR contract.

Good advice. And the pool events are awesome.

6bt

Are you guys accepted to PLC or OCC?

I've been in the application system since November 2010, and our OSO told me, along with several other guys that the Nov 2010 board was postponed until January 2011 and then further postponed until right now. He says we should find out within a week.

What's up with you guys already being accepted?

HueyHornet75

pilot
In anticipation of force drawdowns, expect bottlenecks in your application process as they try to predict the force structure. Don't be alarmed if you slide right, as long as you slide in (yeah, she said that, too). With that comes the increased competition to get accepted. Timing, timing, timing. Good luck. The future of the services the next 4-5 years will be severe in terms of funding, difficulty promoting, augmenting and flying, too.

6bt

Apparently there are different recruiting regions, which have boards that meet at different times.

Regardless, I have been accepted for 1st Inc. PLC 2011! Game is officially on, I'll see some of you guys this summer!

Bullitt01

It's gonna be a helluva good time. I look forward to every chaotic, stress-filled, painful, aching, exhausting, Inspiring, Motivating, Life Changing minute of it.. See you there gentlemen.

nukon

pilot
It's gonna be a helluva good time. I look forward to every chaotic, stress-filled, painful, aching, exhausting, Inspiring, Motivating, Life Changing minute of it.. See you there gentlemen.

Choking on the moto.. and loving it. I'm going second inc myself.. gonna try and play it cool as long as possible, yadig?