• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PLC leave???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tegtag

I plan on attending PLC this summer (10 week program) and was wondering if you receive any leave/time off especially during the weekends.

The reason I ask is that one of my good buddies is getting married in Houston in July and I would like to fly down for the wedding.

esday1

He'll dazzle you with terms like "Code Red."
Short answer: you won't be going to Houston if you're in PLC this summer.

Long answer: After the 3rd or 4th week, you will get approximately 24 hours of liberty, from Saturday afternoon through Sunday afternoon/ evening. However, you may need to come back at some point during that time for fire watch. If you're the duty platoon on liberty, your platoon will have a few extra watch duties, and you will be restricted to the Quantico base, which basically means that you can go into Q-town but not much else. If you're not the duty platoon, you are still restricted to an 80-mile radius from Quantico, which will let you go to DC or Richmond, but not to Houston.

I'd plan on setting aside a good time to give your buddy a call after the wedding.

perchul

Just like esday said, but as a correlate you should realize just because you've earned leave in the military doesn't mean you can take it. You'll earn 5.5 days of leave at OCS but you can't use any of it at OCS.

Status
Not open for further replies.