• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plc (law)

JAGhopeful

Has anyone gone through the PLC (LAW) commissioning program? I wish to serve as a reservist with the JAG Corps, and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the application process for a 1L.

Thanks,

JAG Hopeful

Clux4

Banned
Has anyone gone through the PLC (LAW) commissioning program? I wish to serve as a reservist with the JAG Corps, and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to the application process for a 1L.

Thanks,

JAG Hopeful

There are no such programs in the USMC Reserves. There is no dedicated pipe-line for Reserve JAGs. They are all folks that left Active Duty after their initial obligation.
Try the Army and Airforce. I know they allow a direct entry into the Reserves.

Good Luck

Clux

I thought I'd read in a previous thread here that the Corps was hurting for JAGs...What's stopping you from going Active? Check out that MarineOCS link--when I was a 1L and looking at different options, I spent alot of time over there; there are some good guys (Marine JAG officers now) that are willing to help.

sanders

There are no such programs in the USMC Reserves. There is no dedicated pipe-line for Reserve JAGs. They are all folks that left Active Duty after their initial obligation.
Try the Army and Airforce. I know they allow a direct entry into the Reserves.

Good Luck

Clux

There is a JAG contract in my TBS class who is entering the reserves directly.

Clux4

Banned
There is a JAG contract in my TBS class who is entering the reserves directly.

Interesting. There are 3 possible scenarios I can think of:

1. That this guy was a prior service JAG that did an IST into the Reserves.
2. He is part of a trial program for a possible direct entry Reserve JAG
3. He is not going to the Reserves as you think .

To the OP, feel free to ask an OSO and get back here with update.