• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Planes of Fame Air Museum-Chino CA

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
"Skyraider Day" tomorrow Sat 03/06/10.

http://www.planesoffame.org/pressreleases.php?ID=118

Anyone going? If so, please pass my greetings to featured speaker Scotty...
*******************************************************************************************************************

In an email from Scotty three hours ago, he authorized me to post any/all pictures of his origination, to follow later...should be some good shots of the venerable "Able Dog"...which, incidentally, tried (unsuccessfully...:icon_tong ) to kill me on at least a couple of occasions.

badger16

None
That is up there on my list of aviation museums to see. Have fun to whoever goes and please take some pictures!

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Update...

Published with author's permission...

"Three emails coming your way starting with a Skyraider presentation at the Chino Planes Of Fame Museum along with two USAF pilots who were based at NKP 1968-1970. George Marrett and Jim George were the A-1 pilots.

Number two email is video of A-1H 139606 owned by "Skyraider Bob" based at Ramona Airport. I flew that aircraft at VA-122 May 25, 1962.

Number three email includes photos of 139606.

There was a good turnout at the museum with 460 quoted. Paul Otto showed up as well as some of my SoCal relatives.

Regards,
Scotty

More to come...maybe tomorrow.