• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plane crashes at Dayton Air Show

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
How sad. I remember seeing those bi-planes perform in Pensacola. When I saw how low they were once they pulled out of a loop, I pee'd a little bit. It was like seeing a 6 ft wave in shallow water. Unbelievable skill and balls of steel.

GroundPounder

I saw him when he was with " Masters of Disaster " very good show that he put on. Two of his partners, Jimmy Franklin, and Bobby Younkin were killed during a performance 10 July 2005.

Shame to lose such a great aviator. Living here on Eastern Shore I'll stop the old Cougar on Rt 50 in the spring to watch crop dusters do their thing. These guys with biplanes are probably the best sticks I've ever seen.

VFA-203 Forever

So You Like To Put fishsticks in your mouth?
Jim was one of the best at what he did. He was a personal favorite of mine; He was constantly trying to create some sort of awe-inspiring act that wouldn't make the Civilian Aerobatic side of Airshows seem so blah to the general fan. Gigantic loss for the Airshow Community. Really Good Guy. Shame to see all three of the Masters gone now. :(

R.I.P. Jim.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I saw him perform at the JAX airshow last fall, and I thought he was probably the best performer there. Sorry to hear about this. RIP.

Lawman

None
Wierd today but there was almost no sign or mention of Jim all day today at the Show. It was almost like it never happened. Shame about the loss of him, he was one of my favorite acts to see.