• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plane buzzes Statue of Liberty and doesn't get in trouble!

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Was the pilot appropriately groped by the Theatre Security Agency before being allowed to assume control of the radio transmitter?!

Bolsa

pilot
I imagine that the range of the Aircraft was directly proportional to the power of the transmitter, and that they had multiple takes in multiple areas. As it was raining near our lady liberty, and in the other city-scapes the weather is quite nice. I am glad to see that they coordinated with authorities, but goes to show how easy it could be for "others" to do similar for "bad" reasons.

I didn't see any footage of them really flying in the city, between high-rises and sky-scrapers. I wonder how the wind patterns and flying characteristics in the urban canyons would affect a small aircraft like the one they used.

Those guys definitely had skills. Pretty cool... thanks for sharing this.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Turn left at the Lady, cleared River Visual 13"

The River Visual to LGA was one of my favorite approaches. Flying low and slow up the Hudson River gave both passengers and crew a rare and spectacular view of the length of Manhattan.

But I always flew by the rules... or would have suffered severe consequences. These guys broke laws.

There always was enough to be concerned about, without some yahoo flying his remote dangerously in my and my passengers' way.

If it ain't authorized, it ain't authorized, no matter its coolness.

rivervis.jpg

By null at 2010-12-07

chefmike

OK say a Sony Pictures is gonna film a new movie and needs a flyby shot that does a lap around the statue. How do they get permission to do this post 9/11?