• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Places to live in corpus

Jbramps

I'm moving to corpus tommorrow and have been trying to get some sort of idea of where im gonna live. I want to live on the island, and have looked online at some apartments. I'm looking for some feedback as far as what are the good areas and what apartments/realtors i should stay away from if any. Specificaly I've been checking out the beach club condos on whitecap blvd and the seem pretty legit. If you or anyone you know has lived there id be interested t o hear how that place was. Also if anyone is looking for a roomate or someone to get a house with I may be interested. I'm moving to corpus for advanced and will be there sometime this weekend. I got stuck in a shitty place for all of API and primary so im looking for something pretty cool now. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I live at Compass Bay, not too far from Beach Club..and they are decent. Beach Club is a bit old but all in all, you can't go wrong on the Island.

Corpus will not be Pensacola by any means, no matter how good of a spot you find here. Once this back up is alleviated and the flying resumes regularly, you won't care really where you live.

Is that a T-34B as your profile pic?

Jbramps

No I dont think it is, im not sure what it is but it looks to small to be a t34b. I saw that at mobile downtown during an out and in and had to grab a picture. I think some dude just wanted to paint it orange and white for shits and giggles. They even painted on a nice pin up girl on the side. Thanks for the advice on locations, to me anything is better than pace.

VulcanRider

pilot
The Rental Management Company was awesome when I was there. They know that if they screw you over they are really just screwing themselves since a large percentage or their renters are flight studs. Find a room mate with a boat, rent a house on the canal, buy a grill, buy some beer, and enjoy your time off before you start primary.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
live on the island, get one of the canal houses, enjoy life

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Breezeways at encantada were pretty nice, a little pricey but the renters were willing to negotiate when I left. They were nicer than the beach club and still only a 2 min cab/25 min stagger from the Pel and Farah's. Bonus: even with a dog, I got all of our deposit back less 100 dollars to clean the carpets. More than fair.

srqwho

pilot
I seem to be in the minority here, but I am not a fan of living on the island. There just isn't a whole lot out there in terms of the necessities, and it's not quite the postcard type of waterfront living that you might be envisioning. There are some nice places out there though. I have a couple buds at Compass Bay and they are nice. I wasn't a huge fan of the Beach Club... but I was planning on renting on the condo side of the complex, so I'm not sure the upkeep is the same as the apartments. They do have a big gym there, and the beach is a 5 min walk.

I live at The Reserve at Staples and Saratoga and love the location. Yes I have to drive 10-15 min to base, but on the Island, it's 15 min to anything it seems like (except base, which is a little closer). Where I am I could drive 5 min to anything I have any use for. But, the traffic in town blows. The island is much more relaxed as far as that is concerned.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I lived on the island and enjoyed it. Yeah, you have to drive a few minutes longer to get to the restaurants and the mall, but I think it was worth it.

srqwho

pilot
I lived on the island and enjoyed it. Yeah, you have to drive a few minutes longer to get to the restaurants and the mall, but I think it was worth it.

It's definitely relaxing out there, and things are slowed down and more laid back compared to the areas around the SPID. I chose in town for the convenience, but there are times I wish I was a little closer to the water.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I lived in the Beach Club for Primary and thought it was a little overpriced and a little outdated. The biggest bang for your buck will be a house as other have said, but a good fallback is the beach club, living on that close to the ocean doesn't suck... except in hurricane season when you're first in line to have all your stuff destroyed.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Find some E2/C2 studs who are making insane $$$ and room with them; get a house on ocean drive and enjoy the short drive to base as well as downtown and the frontage road area. I know a couple that are headed down that way in the next few weeks (provided they qual at the boat). If not, I also vote for the island. Yes, it is a little removed from non-island nightlife, but the crime rate is far lower out there and you probably won't have to worry about your car being stolen or broken into (most people I knew who lived mainside ended up having one of these things happen to them). Hurricanes are a consideration for the island, but I don't know if mainside would fair that much better....it's all pretty low ground and much of it isn't seperated too much from the inner waterways.

VulcanRider

pilot
Sorry didn't catch the advanced thing. If you just want to crash in an apartment find a cheaper place mainside, save your money for the bars. Seriously though, get a house, boat, some beer and a grill.