• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Places to go in P'cola

Ok, I need some tips on places to take my husband's baby sister when she comes to visit in a couple of weeks. We want to take her out somewhere fun with maybe some live music/drinks etc. We haven't really been anywhere since we have moved here, but Grandma is coming and going to stay with the kids for the night and thought we would take her out on the town. First places we thought of is Seville Square and the beach...any suggestions? We want her to have a good time and we need a night out ourselves!! :) Thanks!!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ryann24 said:
Ok, I need some tips on places to take my husband's baby sister when she comes to visit in a couple of weeks. We want to take her out somewhere fun with maybe some live music/drinks etc. We haven't really been anywhere since we have moved here, but Grandma is coming and going to stay with the kids for the night and thought we would take her out on the town. First places we thought of is Seville Square and the beach...any suggestions? We want her to have a good time and we need a night out ourselves!! :) Thanks!!
You're planning on giving drinks to a baby?

Brett

Seville is still the most happening spot in Pcola. Also, there are some bars/restaurants in the immediate 'square' area that are cool as well. If you are headed out to Pcola Beach, you can hit Peg Leg Pete's (curve back around to the right at the first stop light) or Bamboo Willie's (right next to Hooter's). This is of course assuming that she's of age. Have fun!

shortncurly

I enjoyed McGuire's a lot. I liked their food, and their beer is great. It's a great place to grab a table in the bar or a booth and just camp out, with a couple of Irish Wake's on hand. Especially if it's midday or a non-peak hour, it's really relaxing. Or it's fun for a night out - like when they have live music.

As CUNSC said, this is assuming she's over 21! If not, the food is still good!

good ideas...thanks! I was wondering if downtown gave you more options if one place got boring, etc. I know in va beach it was nice because there were so many different clubs and bars at the boardwalk. I feel so old and grown up after having kids:)

yes she is 22...I say baby because my husband is about to be 30...:)

beau

ryann24 said:
good ideas...thanks! I was wondering if downtown gave you more options if one place got boring, etc. I know in va beach it was nice because there were so many different clubs and bars at the boardwalk. I feel so old and grown up after having kids:)

yes she is 22...I say baby because my husband is about to be 30...:)

is there a photo in the near future??? does your husband own a gun???

okay ...just kidding....I would ask her what she likes....Seville has got a little bit of everything for everyone from younger to older crowds. Bambo Willies is more of an older crowd (minus Spring break time) ...when I mean older I mean over 21 and dancing is mostly live music (if I remember correctly)....
if she likes the redneck crowd ...Florabama is always a 13 mile drive from the back gate!

Seville would be a good first time out in P-cola in my opinion.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
2nd McGuire's...Flounders and that other place with the alcoholic slushies (its name escapes me right now) if you go to florabama, continue on to live bait...

Seville sucks...

You guys are too funny!!:) Nothing can compare to Va Beach. Every girl is good looking in va beach...:) if you know what I mean.... My husband wasn't real wild taking her out to the beach there...or even us going out down there...too much trouble. I don't need my husband getting all sparked up..ha! We have been to that place you were talking about with the frozen drinks. They were yummy. :) So maybe we will just check out all of the places down by the beach since we will be at Seville Square for the Mardi Gras parade.

We'll be at Seville this weekend....look for the one girl (me) with a bunch of guys with short haircuts...you can't miss us....(SARCASM INTENDED) =)