• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Place to live at Pendleton...

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I'm heading out to San Diego to start the Cobra FRS and am looking for possible places to live/roomates in the area. Anyone know of anything available? Thanks-

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
If you're staying at Pendleton, the cities of Vista, Escondido, San Marcos, and Encinitas. If you're just passing through enroute to New River, Oceanside is your best bet, due to its proximity to base.

phrogpilot73

If you're staying at Pendleton, the cities of Vista, Escondido, San Marcos, and Encinitas. If you're just passing through enroute to New River, Oceanside is your best bet, due to its proximity to base.
And even then, Oceanside is still like 30 min away from the air facility...

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot

Even if you're going to New River, I'd recommend places like Carlsbad, Encinitas, and San Marcos...basically anywhere other than Oceanside. Your best bet would be to get with a guy who is staying West Coast so you don't have to worry about breaking a lease. I did that and lived in Encinitas. It was about a 25-30 min drive to work every morning (driving home in the afternoon was a different story, especially Fridays). It was well worth it, as I wasn't stuck around Marines 24/7 and I was living in a great area.

But phrog is right, regardless of where you live, you're still going to have a bit of a drive once you get through the gate.

skidz

adrenaline junky
A friend of mine has an apartment in Oceanside and is deploying mid February or March sometime, if that works with your time frame. I can give you her contact info if that works.