• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pistol Qual

Status
Not open for further replies.

marti

Can anybody tell me:

1. What type of pistol is used for qualification at OCS. (model & cal.)

2. What the qualification standards are.

3. Target distance and size.

I figured I would hit the range while I have time.

FlyingMonkey

When I was in:

1. M9 (beretta 9mm)
2. To qual, just don't shoot yourself in the foot. Different scores for marksman,
sharpshooter, and expert.
3. Silhouette targets, forget distance

FlyingMonkey

Patmack18 said:
25 meters... if you can't hit it (and a lot can't) you suck. I had never shot a hand gun (yes I know, kick me in the nuts) before OCS and I shot expert... 144 out or 150

True. It's not that hard. I recommend keeping your eyes open. It really helps.

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
does anyone have the # to the gun range at NAS Pensacola? or maybe the # to a class chief at Navy OCS? I've been practicing on my own and would like to get a shot at that marksman ribbon.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
virtu050 said:
does anyone have the # to the gun range at NAS Pensacola? or maybe the # to a class chief at Navy OCS? I've been practicing on my own and would like to get a shot at that marksman ribbon.
Just ask the ordies at VP-30 to put you in touch with the Range guys at JAX Station Weps. They have the exact same pistols and range there. I'm sure they can answer any questions you might have.

Brett

Status
Not open for further replies.