• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipe & Vest Colors

Skipilot

Cant find this info. on the net anywhere. What are the personnel vest colors? What are the pipe colors and what they mean (on naval vessel)?
Hopefully someone can help me out quickly!!
Thanks

Renegade One

None
Your Google-Fu is weak...
Gouge on the flight deck "rainbow wardrobe" from the CHINFO website:
http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/ships/carriers/rainbow.html

For piping, here's a "short list" of the most significant:
Fire main - RED
JP-5 Fuel line - PURPLE
Chill/feed water - LIGHT BLUE
Potable water - BLUE
HP Air - DARK GRAY
Steam lines - lagged in WHITE
Salt water - GREEN
Fuel oil/gasoline: YELLOW

For the "Real Geek" in you (courtesy of Naval Safety Center):

DC-29: COLOR CODING PIPING SYSTEMS:
AFFF Concentrate Light blue
AFFF Discharge Red
Amine Brown
Chilled water Light blue
Deballast air Tan
Demineralized electroniccooling water Light blue
Feed water Light blue
Firemain Red
Fireplugs Red
Freon Dark purple
Fuel oil Yellow
Gasoline Yellow
HP air Dark gray
Halon Gray
Helium & Oxygen Buff
Helium Buff
Hydraulic Orange
Hydrogen Chartreuse
Jacket water Light blue
JP-5 Purple
LP air Tan
Lube oil Yellow
Nitrogen Light gray
Oxygen Light green
Potable water Dark blue
Sea water Dark green
(other than firemain, sprinkling and washdown)
Sewage Gold
Steam & steam drains White

But there's LOTS more...like striped valve handles for various commodities. Makes my head hurt...but it's all important when things go to hell in a handbasket...

Skipilot

Score!
Renegade one thank you so much!! Getting ready for ASTB, again! I passed with a decent score recently but i guess i am going to retake it to get a better score!!

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This crap is on the ASTB now? Seriously? Holy crap. I had to learn that stuff for my SWO board and then immediately brain-dumped it.

Renegade One

None
This crap is on the ASTB now? Seriously? Holy crap. I had to learn that stuff for my SWO board and then immediately brain-dumped it.

Yeah...I, too, can't believe they're wanting folks to know stuff that no rational person would know until they're actually in the Nav. Some real fleebs authoring these tests, I guess..."I know more than you know..."

phantomphixer82

Just had to add that brown shirts (line personnel) are, or were refered to as "Terd shirts". And it was not taken as an insult either. They were usually the dirtiest guys on the roof, because of the job they did. I have worn a terd shirt for many years, but now being P.C. I am sure they can't call it that any more.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Yeah...I, too, can't believe they're wanting folks to know stuff that no rational person would know until they're actually in the Nav. Some real fleebs authoring these tests, I guess..."I know more than you know..."

Sounds like the guys working in Stan/Eval when I was in Primary....

BOCOD

I like the use of Chartreuse. Does the average person even know what that color is? Just in case, here you go...

scallop-chartreuse.gif

Skipilot

Yeah this crap is on the ASTB. This information is not in the ARCO or in any other study material that i have found. So i am greatly appreciative for everyones response.
When i went into take the ASTB,"Computer test", some fat female was my proctor. I began to take the test and she begun to listen some talk radio like howard stern or some other cultural sewage bullshit. She then invited others into the room to listen to the radio show while i was taking the test. They all were laughing and bullshiting while i was taking the test, needless to say i was very pissed!! I am guessing i would have gotten a better score on it if they weren't in there. Then to top it all off when i was finished she congratulated me on my score and said i passed so i was stoked. So i walked next store with my scores to the marine office and the OSO told me i needed a better score! Fat liberal women do not belong in the military, she couldn't pass a PFT even if her life depended on it!!

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I knew he was. All signs pointed that way. 1 post, from montanizan and slightly poor grammar. Its sad im the only one...Anyways, my other post sort of explaining myself was deleted.

Skipilot

First off learn how to spell Al Qaeda!! Haha! Second, Al Qaeda for Obama! Osama for Obama!!
Replicating a ship haha!! Hilarious!!

Renegade One

None
First off learn how to spell Al Qaeda!! Haha! Second, Al Qaeda for Obama! Osama for Obama!!
Replicating a ship haha!! Hilarious!!

Dude...the exclamation point is not the only possible form of punctuation...

Second, how ever much coffee you've been drinking, I want you to cut it in half.