• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilots

ELT(SS)

Does anybody know how the civilian flight training is conducted? Do you have to get that done before going to Florida, or after you get there? I am a long ways out, and a core option, but I am just curious. And asking here is way easier and more informative than asking at the NROTC unit.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
IFS is done in FL for ROTC grads. Some USNA grads do IFS up at Navy some dont. Marines I think go through it after TBS in Quantico?

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
If you don't have it done when you check into Pensacola, they'll hook you up before you start API.

if you are in the marines you do IFS at dulles aviation in manassas, va. I got my private there and flew with a bunch of marines going through IFS.

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
if you are in the marines you do IFS at dulles aviation in manassas, va. I got my private there and flew with a bunch of marines going through IFS.

[threadjack]
HAHA...I saw a buncha marines there when I PELed due to a bird(sparrow)strike on my way back to Milton from DC.
[/threadjack]

the ol' sparrow strike eh..haha, I had one smack right into the back of the plane flying on a downwind provided for quite an interesting thump

Birdog8585

Milk and Honey
pilot
Contributor

It's not set in stone that all Marines go through Manassas; if they can send you down to P-cola then they will. A couple of companies last year didnt even touch Manassas, they came straight down here.