• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ander37

K-rock
Hello everyone,
Just wondering if anyone else heard about the number of pilot slots for the coming FY.

Thanks.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
1) no one knows (at least no one at the level of most site viewers)

2) doesn't matter (you either get a slot or you don't.... what's it matter how many there are)

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
No need to worry if there are enough slots to make you a viable candidate. I guarantee there's at least one, and that's exactly how many you need. If you don't try, you won't get it.

asise

It really tied the room together.
There may indeed be only one. I just turned down an offer for Aug of '05 and my recruiter informed me that their goal for next year is zero - for the country.
However, ask your recruiter. I was initially rejected for having no flight hours, so apparently it's never a done deal.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
One question. If you applied for SNA, then they offer you a slot, why turn it down? I see your title as "selected SNA Aug '05". Whats up?

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
That was my question, too, Dave.

As far as slots go, as long as I get my chance for an '07 slot, I don't care. What's gonna happen is gonna happen.

asise

It really tied the room together.
Over the course of my application, other opportunities came about that I think are better for me. Once selected you have 30 days to accept or decline. Today was day 30. Don't get me wrong, this was by no means an easy decision. The last 30 days have sucked. Never thought I would have to make this decision. However, I had a good conversation with my recruiter where it came to light that slots are getting full - thought I might share this insight.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Well, by you giving the slot up, I'm sure you made someone elses day. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
asise said:
Over the course of my application, other opportunities came about that I think are better for me. Once selected you have 30 days to accept or decline. Today was day 30. Don't get me wrong, this was by no means an easy decision. The last 30 days have sucked. Never thought I would have to make this decision. However, I had a good conversation with my recruiter where it came to light that slots are getting full - thought I might share this insight.

That sucks and I hope you are happy with decision you made and best of luck!

Thanks for the information, though! I am sure it will help some of the guys around here out!

Sophro

SNA--13 Nov 2004
Timing and luck...that's mostly what it's about. I called the Navy a year ago and they said don't even bother, only a couple of slots. I tried calling them again about 6 months later and ended up getting selected when they needed 15 a month. I know it stinks, but you'll probably have to wait until they open the door again. It will happen, you just have to be really patient.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
See the thread on future OCS quotas. For FY 06 they originally goaled 91 pilots and 85 NFOs. That is in the process of being reduced. There is no solid number yet. Recruiters have been told to expect a dramatic reduction. For now they are on hold.
The goal has not been set for FY 07. The only indication available is the number of slots already requested in OCS for pilots and NFOs. That number is about the same as the original FY 06 number. Given what has occured with reduced quotas in the last several weeks we may see the FY 07 number reduced as well. I would be shocked if the pilot/NFO quotas for FY 07 went above the levels we are seeing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.