• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot or NUPOC

danepennell

NR can't "snatch you up;" you can always decline the position, even if you get a yes at the interview. Your application would be going to two separate entities if you applied for pilot and nuke, and I'm fairly sure that they don't call each other to say "don't take this guy he's ours!"

That was the recruiters words exactly, I wonder if he really knows what he is talking about or if he is b.s.ing me. Oh, and what you said about "the application would be going to two seperate entities for nuke and pilot"; the recruiter said that my package would first go to NUPOC board first, and only after they were finished with it would they then send it to the aviation board. But he said that the application would never reach the aviation board because nuke would "snatch me up" as he called it. I told him that I would like to go #1. Pilot #2. NFO and #3 NUPOC and he said that it would not work like that mainly because the board for NUPOC falls on a different day than the board for aviation. He also said that the aviation boards meet less frequently than the NUPOC boards (so NUPOC board was every month and aviation was every 2 months). Oh well, these recruiters seem really shady, I'm just going to put in my top two choices and take it from there. I have been waiting around for months on these guys and they just seem like they don't want to do anything. It's almost like they don't even care if you join or not.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
That was the recruiters words exactly, I wonder if he really knows what he is talking about or if he is b.s.ing me. Oh, and what you said about "the application would be going to two seperate entities for nuke and pilot"; the recruiter said that my package would first go to NUPOC board first, and only after they were finished with it would they then send it to the aviation board. But he said that the application would never reach the aviation board because nuke would "snatch me up" as he called it. I told him that I would like to go #1. Pilot #2. NFO and #3 NUPOC and he said that it would not work like that mainly because the board for NUPOC falls on a different day than the board for aviation. He also said that the aviation boards meet less frequently than the NUPOC boards (so NUPOC board was every month and aviation was every 2 months). Oh well, these recruiters seem really shady, I'm just going to put in my top two choices and take it from there. I have been waiting around for months on these guys and they just seem like they don't want to do anything. It's almost like they don't even care if you join or not.

They probably don't. In this economic climate there are a lot of folks knocking on the door trying to get in. It's on you to make things happen. Persistence pays.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
The part that has me skeptical is this: if you were to apply for, say, Pilot/NFO/SWO, you'd have 3 copies of your app going to 3 different boards. On the other hand, your recruiter is saying that if you apply to NUPOC, "they" (whoever that is) will have to forward your application after you have interviewed.

Your recruiter may be right and the rules are different. But since it sounds like you really want pilot and not submarines, you might as well not apply for a job you don't really want. Aside from that, yes you need to take the initiative with your application.

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
................sub officer..........but it's long hours and hard work...if you're not 100% dedicated to that, you will be miserable.

The man is correct. I did 9 years in the sub community (5 on a fast attack), and if your not completely dedicated life will suck. To be honest, even if your dedicated, life will suck.