• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board Changes (Effective IMMEDIATELY)

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
I applied for both SNA and NFO, but I am now second guessing because I feel like it just lowered my chances of being seected for SNA.....

Yeah, I'm getting that same vibe. Obviously, with this information coming out so last minute, it'll be a "zigged instead of zagged" story for those of us that don't get what we had hoped for. I was told to put both because it was supposed to increase my chances of getting SNA. At the time, that may have been true.

I already contacted my NOR, inquiring as to whether or not she could strike SNFO from the APSR. Is it too late for that, considering how long ago the packets were due?

what did your OR say? I contacted mine and he had not heard about this.

hdr777

pilot
Someone from my recruiting district (not my OR) texted me saying my package says I applied for both SNA and NFO (which was frustrating because I made clear to my OR I only wanted to apply for pilot), and asked if I wasn't selected for pilot if I would accept NFO. They changed it so I am now only applying for Pilot, but it seems like because the applications were already submitted, the NRD's are contacting people to see if anything needs to be changed, and it may take some time to trickle down to all the applicants (definite chance I may be wrong on this, just my guess).

Beamer19

pilot
Someone from my recruiting district (not my OR) texted me saying my package says I applied for both SNA and NFO (which was frustrating because I made clear to my OR I only wanted to apply for pilot), and asked if I wasn't selected for pilot if I would accept NFO. They changed it so I am now only applying for Pilot, but it seems like because the applications were already submitted, the NRD's are contacting people to see if anything needs to be changed, and it may take some time to trickle down to all the applicants (definite chance I may be wrong on this, just my guess).
The same exact thing happened to me this afternoon. I never had the intention to apply NFO but he asked me if I wanted to keep both. I told him I only wanted to apply for Pilot.

exNavyOffRec

My OR contacted me today and asked if I wanted to specifically designate or keep both options. I kept both...

If you are ok sitting in the back of an aircraft then what you did is good, but if you only wanted to be a SNA and were hoping to switch if you needed later then you should call your OR back.

hdr777

pilot
The same exact thing happened to me this afternoon. I never had the intention to apply NFO but he asked me if I wanted to keep both. I told him I only wanted to apply for Pilot.

If you're in Blacksburg and going through NRD Richmond it was probably the same person.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
If you are ok sitting in the back of an aircraft then what you did is good, but if you only wanted to be a SNA and were hoping to switch if you needed later then you should call your OR back.

So if our OR doesn't know about any of this, we should just keep asking?

jjg

I hate to ask a "what are my chances" question, but do you think that someone like me with scores of 52 6/6/6 is more likely to get NFO? Or is it totally up to the board at this point as to where they would put me?

So if our OR doesn't know about any of this, we should just keep asking?
I've reached out to almost all of my connections, but ultimately my OR is the only can give advice. Unfortunately he says it's too late to change the application.

As for these phone calls, all I can figure is that they are gauging the amount of incoming NFOs for next year. If you notice, those who have claimed to received calls do not graduate college until after Dec. 2017. The Navy might be trying to push more people for the following year to go NFO that way they don't have to pick up as many NFO's from the "both" applications this board. But then again, that is pure speculation based on a extremely small sample size.

I graduated May 2017. But maybe my OR was wrong and you can't change it.
I meant those who claim to have only applied for one and a call asking if they wish to apply for both like hdr777 but like I said, speculation (aka don't listen to me).

Angel17

I don't think mine had heard about it either, but she was pretty sure it's too late to change anything.
Is your OSO Lt. Deskin ? I see your profile says South Carolina , I'm based out of Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort lol