• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot from SWO

Status
Not open for further replies.

debolte

I was wondering if there were any usedtobe SWOs on this site that applied for and actually got picked up for pilot. If so how did you go about the redesignation. I am 25 now and will be 26-almost 27 by the time I get my pin. Just wondering how good my chances are and what the application process is. Thanks.

Brodie143

I'm not a SWO, but a buddy of mine did the SWO to SNA thing. I did the Lat/Transfer thing to become an SNA.

Go to this web page: http://buperscd.technology.navy.mil/bup_updt/508/milpers/1542-010.htm

That is the instruction you can use. You don't have to wait for a board or anything. Your package goes up the SWO side of the house at Bupers and then down the aviation side of the house. If approved you know about it pretty fast. Just make sure you have some good endorsements.

If you can get you CO (which is a must), a CAPT, and an ADM of some type that would really help out. Also if you can get an endorsement form someone in the aviation community that is even better. Where are you stationed at?

As for the Age limits I was 27 when I applied and got in. There is an age wavier for time in service. So don’t worry about that too much.

Just do the best you can at your new command and get the best Fitreps possible. If you have any other questions email me at smyargosz@msn.com

Steve

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
I'm not a SWO, I'm an SNA who just finished primary, but my fiance is and he's waiting to hear on his lat transfer. He got the eye surgery, finally got the waiver through and is now just waiting to hear from BUPERS. He initally submitted his package in December- they came back in January and said everything looked good, SWO was willing to let him go and he looked good to avaition, but that he needed another 3 months after eye surgery. So we're still waiting. He got his pin last summer, June, I think. The best advice I can offer is to keep in contact with your detailer- they won't give you much if you don't keep asking. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.