• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Crashes Simulator

Check Six

Love this.

Sim.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
When the new T-2 Buckeye 6-axis (?) simulators were first installed @ NAS CHASE ... they had an instructor in the seat for the first "simulated" catapult launch set up by the proud technicians.

The only problem was, the full range of motion for a cat shot was still "experimental" and wasn't properly set or not tweaked properly -- I don't know the technical specifics -- but I DO know the results --- :)

On the first "cat shot", the sim went all the way to the stops, hit the brick wall of the sim bay (knocking a hole in it) and knocked the instructor out. Cold ... and when they opened it -- he was unconscious w/ a rivulet of blood trickling down his face. Real combat stuff that movies are made of .....

No Purple Heart, but it was good for several months of free drinks at the Club -- compliments of the sim techs, after he regained consciousness and the headache stopped ... :D

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
When the new T-2 Buckeye 6-axis (?) simulators were first installed @ NAS CHASE ... they had an instructor in the seat for the first "simulated" catapult launch set up by the proud technicians.

The only problem was, the full range of motion for a cat shot was still "experimental" and wasn't properly set or not tweaked properly -- I don't know the technical specifics -- but I DO know the results --- :)

On the first "cat shot", the sim went all the way to the stops, hit the brick wall of the sim bay (knocking a hole in it) and knocked the instructor out. Cold ... and when they opened it -- he was unconscious w/ a rivulet of blood trickling down his face. Real combat stuff that movies are made of .....

No Purple Heart, but it was good for several months of free drinks at the Club -- compliments of the sim techs, after he regained consciousness and the headache stopped ... :D
I would demand a logbook entry for that!:D