• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pictures of USS Cole being transported back

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I remember these pics back when it happened. When I was PCS'ing out to San Diego for the RAG, she had just come back to Pascagoula. You could see her mast from the freeway. Kind of sobering, but of course, who knew what was coming just three or four months later.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw her reduction gearbox at the GE plant up in MA. Wow, that thing took a massive blow.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I think they're referring to hotlinking the photos.

EDIT: I'm too slow.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Remind me what the response to this was? Airstrikes on Afghanistan? Covert ops in support of the Northern Alliance? Demands from Clinton for increased military and intelligence spending??

No, but Clinton was sure to launch 10,000 (that's ten thousand) sorties over Iraq that year, right?

Remind your idiot liberal friends of that fact next time they whine about what a "distraction" Iraq is from Afghanistan and how smart they are for realizing that.

I'd be happy to provide further figures :)

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think he's accusing el former presidente of neglecting justice for the Cole while needlessly plastering Iraq in Operation Desert Fox . . .

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think he's accusing el former presidente of neglecting justice for the Cole while needlessly plastering Iraq in Operation Desert Fox . . .

Yeah, I figured that......I was wondering what brought about the diatribe on a dead thread.......

laurahare

I was stationed on the Cole after she was fixed up, I was proud to work with the people that served during this tremendous event. It is weird actually being on it now, just plain eerie.