• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Physical DONE!! However, Bunions...

P

ProudNavyLady

Hello there, everyone! I recently just got professionally recommended for SWO this past July Board. I FINALLY got my physical done today, and the doctor says that the only thing he sees maybe getting in the way are my bunions. He also made sure to note that they are minimal, don't get in the way of any of my footwear, and cause me no pain. Does anyone have any idea about how bunions are dealt with in the navy? Should I be okay? Thank you.

Renegade One

None
I can't imagine that any form of well-fitting Navy footwear would exacerbate the issue. They may even alleviate it.

Stay away from the Louboutins… :)

P

ProudNavyLady

I am 22 years old. I asked the doctor if it had to do with poor footwear. I was on a swim team for many years when I was younger and wore plenty of cheap flip flops. The doc said no and that heredity had much more to do with it. I am more concerned about the current situation and how to go about it.

P

ProudNavyLady

It makes sense, for my mom has bunions (and you will NEVER see her sporting any kind of extreme heel!).

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
If the doctor said you are fine then you are fine. He's a doctor, we are just random people on the Internet.
Pickle

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
SailorBob has a Stab, Stab, Bunion, Stab section, they might have better bunion bits of advice as they are more SWOtivated...
Pickle

P

ProudNavyLady

I would hope that in this forum, there are more than just "random people" on here. I respect the opinions of some of these officers and experienced navy folks. Especially since some have seen a lot of different situations of different applicants through being an OR. As far as the SWO bashing, I really don't like how much people like to do that here. It is discouraging for a lot of hopefuls and makes several SWOs feel unwelcome here. I know this isn't SailorBob, and I also know there is a lot of teasing in good jest. However, I would personally appreciate if it was cut down a bit. :)

BigRed389

None
I would hope that in this forum, there are more than just "random people" on here. I respect the opinions of some of these officers and experienced navy folks. Especially since some have seen a lot of different situations of different applicants through being an OR. As far as the SWO bashing, I really don't like how much people like to do that here. It is discouraging for a lot of hopefuls and makes several SWOs feel unwelcome here. I know this isn't SailorBob, and I also know there is a lot of teasing in good jest. However, I would personally appreciate if it was cut down a bit. :)
:confused:

A bit of advice...never show weakness. :D

P

ProudNavyLady

Weakness? I was wanting to state an opinion that I feel strongly about. I am not trying to insult anyone or complain. That's just the one downside I see on this site and wanted to make it known when it was directed my way. Anyone has the right to say what they please, but I don't appreciate the put downs. Also, if SWOs are not welcome here, then why would there be sections of the site completely attributed to them? A bit of a discrepancy there. You are absolutely right, though. The name of the site is Air Warriors.

Now, if anyone has any helpful information pertaining to the actual subject of the thread, I would greatly appreciate your assistance!

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
they are minimal, don't get in the way of any of my footwear, and cause me no pain. Does anyone have any idea about how bunions are dealt with in the navy?

It's bunions, likely no one will care unless you can't do your job for some reason.

Also, if SWOs are not welcome here, then why would there be sections of the site completely attributed to them?

You need to grow some thicker skin and figure out quick that the different Navy communities are going to rip on/bash each other for the rest of your career, in varying degrees, from friendly ribbing to outright hatred.

P

ProudNavyLady

I hope you're right, zab!! I was hoping that it wouldn't be a big deal. However, since the doc said that was the only thing he saw that could possibly get in the way, I thought I would turn to Air Warriors to see if anyone had any further, valid information on the subject.

As far as understanding the bashing between communities go, I actually do understand that it happens. Like I said, I have seen it here on this site and don't appreciate it. I can handle if someone decides to be negative towards my chosen career, but it doesn't mean that I have to like when others put people (including myself) down. I don't have to choose to join in on the bashing, either. No one can ever change how others decide to act, but we have control over our own actions. Therefore, I will always choose to respectfully stick up for myself if need be and not join in on the negativity. I appreciate the intended advice, though. But, like I said, I am on this thread looking for some valid advice from those who may have seen a similar case to mine. Would love to hear from someone like that!