• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Phelps does it

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Phelps just grabbed the medal record.

I grew up swimming competitively, and this guy is just phenomenal. He made that 200 fly look like cake.

AJB37

Phelps just grabbed the medal record.

I grew up swimming competitively, and this guy is just phenomenal. He made that 200 fly look like cake.

What medal record? Mark Spitz still holds the gold medal record with seven gold medal in one Olympics, Phelps only has four so far. He is still three short of the record.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
^^^^ Most gold medals total, not just in one olympiad.

And yes, he makes it look way too easy.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
The man is a freak. "Fastest kid alive..." :D

Glad this thread started because I've been glued to the TV. The Chinese women gymnasts are NOT 16. That is all. Go USA!

snake020

Contributor
Can't stand the guy. Far from modest with the "I'm on a quest for 8 golds." Reminds me of Marion Jones who hyped herself up on her failed quest get 5 track & field golds in '00. Now she's in prison!

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Can't stand the guy. Far from modest with the "I'm on a quest for 8 golds." Reminds me of Marion Jones who hyped herself up on her failed quest get 5 track & field golds in '00. Now she's in prison!

In his defense, when the 'quest' was brought up last night in an interview, he said, "Actually I didn't even know that."

Now, you don't have to believe him, but it doesn't seem like he's being cocky about it. Plus, he helped make the French look like crap the other night, and that's always a good time. :D

phantomphixer82

It does not take much to make the French look like crap, they do it to themselfs very well, I can say that because I am a little (ever so little thankfully) French.:eek:

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor

Its a shame you think like that. For me personally it is very nice to see Americans comming together in bars, restaurants, and homes to cheer and route for something "American." Its a very welcome change from the constant bashing of America and all it stands for. There is nothing wrong with striving for nothing short of the best (8 golds). Finally, did you see the support and sportsman ship he was showing for his teamates in the relay races. Don't be so quick to judge Im sure you have your moments as well.

Zissou

Banned
Agreed. He has youthful confidence and not much else considering the accomplishment. He hasnt yet fallen on his face, werent we all young and unbeatable once? Failure eventually finds all athletes and how they respond to it defines their legacy.

And his approach to teamwork in relays is strong, America loves winners and team players. He is both.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Ahhh yet another gold and that 4x200 was how one opens a can of AMERICAN WHOOP ASS!!!

AJB37

Ahhh yet another gold and that 4x200 was how one opens a can of AMERICAN WHOOP ASS!!!

Hopefully he gets his 8 golds and helps us beat China in the gold race. I do not want China to get the most gold medals.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
That 4 X 200 was exactly how I like my races: USA right out front, with a commanding lead no one can touch.

Say what you will about liking the close races, I'm in it for the all out slaughter-ous international domination. Isn't that the true Olympic spirit anyway? :icon_tong