• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Put out max at all times. Don't hold back. If you've got a high 1st class already (18min. run and 20+pullups, plus however many crunches) then give it all you've got! Yes, improvement's very important IF you've got room to improve. Make your "overall" package look good and run with it! Concentrate some of that energy you'll be saving by not struggling to achieve that high PFT score and put it to doing some extra-curriculars! You've got the wrestling bit going (Marine's LOVE aggressiveness), do some community service or something else that'll look good in your package.

splendid_splinter

HMLA flyer
3rdgen, what i would do my man.. is kick ass on that first pft and impress your oso right off the bat. then stay in close contact with him and volunteer to run with other potential candidates and help them train on occasion (if proximity allows). show him your leadership. the oso's actually send in a write up about you that probably carries as much weight as anything. the more great things he has to say about you, obviously the better. and you might even manage a solid recommendation from the co of the oso office.. typically a major.

unless you have a criminal record or some other ****, don't even worry about not getting a slot. you'll be fine.

3rdgenmarine

thanks for the feedback..
I thought that's what you'd say..."go for it"!
That's what I planed to do, but since this forum is here I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Splendid_splinter..
No covictions, no arrests, pretty boring life so far.. I meet my OSO at 10:00 for the PFT so I'm turning in early tonight

Thanks again

Jonathan Williamson

Originally posted by topher1235
i combined a few things, but i think alot of it was because of sprints and hills. My suggestion would be, while getting comfortable running distances(3-4 miles) throw in some track workouts also. The 440's worked for me. Also it might help to run on a treadmill for a while to FORCE yourself to run distances faster. Just stick with it it'll be awesome! Hope to see you in 183.

Rodger that, good advice, I have had similar experience. I just turned in my packet with a PFT of 279 and its up to 284 now (a week later). So I hope to see you down at 183.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
Originally posted by Jonathan Williamson

Rodger that, good advice, I have had similar experience. I just turned in my packet with a PFT of 279 and its up to 284 now (a week later). So I hope to see you down at 183.

Out-friggin-standing! I guess that pull-up bar you jerry-rigged in your room really did help with those pull ups then!
Way to keep up with your motivation, I'm sure you'll get accepted to OCS and graduate if you continue with that same intensity.

I'll spend some time working with you on the Operation Order before you ship then.
Semper Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.