• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pft scores

8WOOD

She probably prefers girls. Nice, manly girls.

Well then, its the right time for her to join with the President trying to get rid of the don't ask don't tell policy.

O when I was doing my PFT-- esp. the situps where the guy was sitting on my feet and right in my grill-- I thought about how sickly wrong that would be if you knew that guy was a homosexual.

THE POLICY SHOULD STAY!

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Well then, its the right time for her to join with the President trying to get rid of the don't ask don't tell policy.

O when I was doing my PFT-- esp. the situps where the guy was sitting on my feet and right in my grill-- I thought about how sickly wrong that would be if you knew that guy was a homosexual.

THE POLICY SHOULD STAY!

You'd still get the crunches done right? So the impact was? People of mixed gender have held each others' feet during PT without being overcome with uncontrollable lust. I'm sure the gays will cope.too. For that matter, the guy holding your feet could've been gay and you just didn't know it.

Anyway, it's the women who do well at PT in the military that aren't gay. It's the "Pats" that you wonder about.

jdflyer09

20/98/17:33 - 298- I know, 98 crunches is weak haha

recent:
17 (did 26, but apparently my chin "hit" the bar instead of going over)
17:30
-285- but I call shenanigans

but hey.. I got some free "OSS" moto clothes out of the deal.
PLC on 5July

8WOOD

20/98/17:33 - 298- I know, 98 crunches is weak haha

recent:
17 (did 26, but apparently my chin "hit" the bar instead of going over)
17:30
-285- but I call shenanigans

but hey.. I got some free "OSS" moto clothes out of the deal.
PLC on 5July

WOW! awesome score.... I've got to get my run time below 18.

RocktheBloc

Its been a while since I last ran a PFT, but when I run my own mock tests, just to gauge where I'm at, I got

22:30

Considering I was doing:

21:10

Not too long ago, would you say I'm on good track?

aukonak

Its been a while since I last ran a PFT, but when I run my own mock tests, just to gauge where I'm at, I got

22:30

Considering I was doing:

21:10

Not too long ago, would you say I'm on good track?

Not too bad, though you definitely want to get your run time down a couple of minutes. Are you planing on going to OCS soon?

RocktheBloc

Not too bad, though you definitely want to get your run time down a couple of minutes. Are you planing on going to OCS soon?

I could've gotten in as early as May, but they weren't offering any Ground contracts, so my next opportunity is in October. As you alluded, it may be a blessing in disguise, because then I have plenty of time to get my run time down. At the same time, it means I really have to get in in October. I can't keep living paycheck to paycheck. :(

I do stick to a running program, but its very difficult to stick to in the winter months. Icy conditions and whatnot making running quite hazardous. At one point, I was running two miles every day, but I found after a month that it was really sapping me of energy. I then resorted to a training program generated by Runnersworld.com which I try to stick to. When the weather gets better, I plan to take full advantage of it and become the great runner I know I can be.

aukonak

I could've gotten in as early as May, but they weren't offering any Ground contracts, so my next opportunity is in October. As you alluded, it may be a blessing in disguise, because then I have plenty of time to get my run time down. At the same time, it means I really have to get in in October. I can't keep living paycheck to paycheck. :(

I do stick to a running program, but its very difficult to stick to in the winter months. Icy conditions and whatnot making running quite hazardous. At one point, I was running two miles every day, but I found after a month that it was really sapping me of energy. I then resorted to a training program generated by Runnersworld.com which I try to stick to. When the weather gets better, I plan to take full advantage of it and become the great runner I know I can be.

Yea, that's the reason I was asking- OSO told us yesterday that there were only 2 ground openings left between the 5 guys that were supposed to go in Jan but got rolled over to May. So he basically told us that whoever had the highest PFT scores was going. All the new guys that started the process since Jan are going to have to wait 'til Oct. I decided to go Air :)

If you're having a hard time with running consistency, get on an elliptical. I pushed myself as hard as I could for 2 months on the elliptical 4 days a week when I had shin splints and I dropped my time from 23:00-20:45. Some plyometric work helped too- anything you can do to develop your cardio. Not sure if you're registered on marineocs.com but there's a ton of good PFT tips on there.

RocktheBloc

Yea, that's the reason I was asking- OSO told us yesterday that there were only 2 ground openings left between the 5 guys that were supposed to go in Jan but got rolled over to May. So he basically told us that whoever had the highest PFT scores was going. All the new guys that started the process since Jan are going to have to wait 'til Oct. I decided to go Air :)

If you're having a hard time with running consistency, get on an elliptical. I pushed myself as hard as I could for 2 months on the elliptical 4 days a week when I had shin splints and I dropped my time from 23:00-20:45. Some plyometric work helped too- anything you can do to develop your cardio. Not sure if you're registered on marineocs.com but there's a ton of good PFT tips on there.

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely give that elliptical a try. For me to make those improvements on those pull-ups means it would take the same effort on running. It definitely can be done!

BTW, what do you want to fly in the Marine Corps?

aukonak

Thanks for the help, I'll definitely give that elliptical a try. For me to make those improvements on those pull-ups means it would take the same effort on running. It definitely can be done!

BTW, what do you want to fly in the Marine Corps?

I'm not picky. There's the part of me that wants jets like seemingly everyone else, but helos would be cool too.

Where in MD are you from, and which Selection Office you going out of?