• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PFT and OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmcecho4

pilot
If you fall out of OCS humps you are not going to have a good time. However, humps are pass/fail so you need only survive them. MADarmstrong is right that it is a good idea to run in boots (especially for seniors). You will rarely run in go fasters at OCS--I think only durring individual runs, squad runs, and PFT's (total of about 5 times). The rest of the time you will RUN in boots and utilities at the very least and boots and utilties, kevlar, weapon, 782 gear, and two full canteens at the worst. As long as you're not some skinny little guy you should be able to handle the weight reasonably well. We had this guy in my company who was about 5'5" and 120lbs that could run a sub 15min 3 mile but when you put gear on him he was doing around 22min--this is fast but it shows how much the gear can slow you down when you're small.

kill,
usmcecho4

nowings1

Solid PFT is important b/c it keeps you off the radar. But everybody gets jacked w/ eventually, PFT stud or not. I'm not sure that running is more important than pull-ups. There were a whole lot of 20 pull-uppers in my platoon, but only two or three sub-18 minuters. The runners all graduated. A few of the pull-uppers went away. Whatever the combination, keep a first class PFT, don't fall out of the humps, don't get hurt and don't slack off and forget to study the gouge and you'll be good to go. Easier said than done, maybe, but if any of those start sliding, stand by.

Status
Not open for further replies.