• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Personal Question About Personality Disorder Waiver

silver236

None
Is it possible for a commissioned officer to switch from ground to air after working in the MOS field for a few years? I am PQ/NAA (pending) by NAMI due to my traffic violations. The waiver guide states that if the person demonstrates substantial improvement over 2 to 3 year period, then he or she will be eligible for reevaluation for NAA status. Shortly, if I keep my nose clean as a ground officer for a few years and NAMI considers me AA, will I be able to switch to air?

Thanks

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Why does NAMI care about traffic tickets?

To answer your question, search for "field ascension board"

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Silver, let's be frank. Based on your other thread, you're not NAA because of traffic tickets, you're NAA because of an undiagnosed psychological issue raised by NOMI which led to you evading the police. Don't sugar coat things (and don't start new threads for what is essentially the same issue). Assuming you work through whatever psychological issues you have, NOMI may or may not clear you as AA. At that point, you can take your chances and apply for a change in MOS, given whatever limitations are placed on you at the time. I don't have experience with how the green side deals with this, but it usually involves you getting your professional quals in whatever MOS you come in as. That will probably take years. Factor that in to your career plans and aspirations.