• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Personal carry

Bevo16

pilot
If you have a firm (but reasonable) price for a specific gun that you want, it has a way of finding you. A lot of money is made off people that don't know what guns are supposed to cost. You can just look at the mark-up at the gun counter at places like Bass-Pro vs a dedicated gun store. The people that know what is what aren't going to pay a lemming's mark-up.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I have to CCW guns I use right now, my Springfield XD9sc and my Baretta PX4sc 9mm. The XDsc is a little thick but easily concealed IMO, as is the PX4. The standard magazines for both is 13 + 1 but the XDsc also comes with a 16 + 1 option. There is also the new XD(M) compact which is a bit thinner than the XDsc and it comes with either a 13 or 19 round magazine. I have the standard XDM 3.8 on order and it comes standard with a 19 round magazine. The XDsc and PX4sc both can be had for less than $500, just saw a brand new XDsc for $465 or so. My XDsc has around 3000 rounds of every type without a single issue while my PX4sc has been flawless through 1500 rounds or so.

How do you like your Storm.. I'm not a fan of the 92, but I have heard great things about the storm.... Shot one years ago and liked it, but it was only a few rounds...

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
With all the crap that I tend to carry around on Munchkin Duty, I had to take a serious look at the specifics of what I was carrying and where. Now, I keep things separate along an admin/reload v. tool basis. Wallet, reload(s) and phone on one side, and pistol and knife on the other. It also helps when I get pulled over for speeding and have to present credentials after getting my legally obligated blurb about permit, carrying/not carrying, firearms in the vehicle, etc out.

Where do you put your grenades?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I make my daughter carry those. At first, she kept pulling the pins, but she's over that now. She does need a bit of work on her throwing technique, but what can you really expect from a 1 year old in that department?

hokieav8r

~Bring the Wood!~
None
I have various .45ACP, .40, 2 company .40SW guns, Bersa .380 firestorm, GP100 .357 with 4"bbl, various Glocks, have owned 17, 19, 23, 37, HK USP models, 9mm and .40. If it is for your personal carry, then you need to take many factors into account, body type and where you want to conceal your pistol, amount of tactical training with your weapon, how much conceal and carry draw and shooting have you worked on, do you have a preferred holster. The thing I'd worry about in terms of what you want is a cross between the two most important factors, the ballistics of the caliber and your overall execution of your actions should the worst happen and you employ your weapon. Whatever you choose, you should invest your time at a range doing a various range of drills, moving your clothing out of the way, clean draw, execution and most importantly, safety of you and those around you if that is the case. Good luck in your quest. My favorite, since you asked, is Sringfield XD40 subcompact with Winchester 155gr HP. Good control on the weapon, Ballistics vs recoil are great and I enjoy the accuracy of the weapon out to the 20 yard mark. I use an IWB holster at the side for draw and in the front to decrease the signature when I am sitting for long periods of time. When no one is normally close and the threat is low, I will wear a one snap ankle holster make by Blackhawk, that is very secure and in place, even for the weight, and when pants are able to be worn. The safety features of the gun and charged and chambered indicators of the XD40 and all XD series pistols are very easily identified quickly in a fast developing situation.

GroundPounder

"what are BLUE LABEL guns?"

Glocks that are sold to police / emt / first responders. They ship with three mags ( high capacity* ) other than that they are the same. They run about $400 for most models, with night sights.

* not sure what the red label Glocks ship with, they may also be the high capacity as well.