• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Percentage of post deployment divorces?

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
One the statements in another thread made me curious, what is percentage of post deployment divorces that you have seen? More Pilot's/NFO's or crewmen?

Most people probably shouldn't be married in the first place. There are more enlisted than officers in a squadron and
many of them are younger so you'll usually see more Enlisted relationships falling apart, numbers wise.

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It doesn't help when after an 8-month cruise plus over another month and 2 weeks later, your pregnant wife still hasn't yet delivered! The guys in the squadron were doing the math and it didn't look good at all. Worse, it didn't help any when our daughter was finally born (when I was away on a det.), and she had thick dark hair just like our mailman.

Fortunately for all, this overdue kid had a small, barely noticeable genetic deformity on her right ear - exactly like her real father, me! Later she grew up just as obnoxious as her father, a chip off the ol' block, and even followed in his footsteps as a pilot. And my wife is still my wife.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Westpac Widows is not just a phrase.
Yeah, back in the dark ages, the word around the SF Bay Area Navy community was that "The greatest liberty spot in CONUS, is the NAS Alameda O-Club on the evening of a Carrier WestPac departure"!:eek:
CVA-61.gif
*"Ding.. ding, RANGER departing"!
BzB

Bevo16

pilot
My advice (aka, shit I fucked up when I was an ensign):
Don't get married until you know for sure that your relationship can handle the stress of deployments. You won't know until you do at least one.

Don't marry anyone that is going to be financially dependant on you while you are away (especially with no kids in the picture). If he/she can't fend for herself financially, she isn't going to be able to do it emotionally either. If that person has a degree and should be able to work, but doesn't. RUN!!!!

Always, always, always, have a pre-nump. A GOOD one. Protect your retirement, and make it clear that NO alimony will be paid EVAH!!!. (I got lucky with my retirement).

Follow up with finances. Know where every red cent goes. If you have to treat your wife/girlfriend like a kid with an allowance. RUN!

If your potential spouse has ever, AND I MEAN EVER, had any kind of mental health issue that sounds anything like this:
http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml

RUN!!!!

Renegade One

None
Protect your retirement, and make it clear that NO alimony will be paid EVAH!!!.

Good luck with that. Might as well specify that all alimonies ever awarded will only be paid in the giant stone coins of the Yap Islanders…or recyclable bottles and cans…Payee being responsible for monthly pick up.

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Been there…done that. I expect "Mex-Pac" in Coronado was much the same.
Is it not ironic, that most all the fun, cool places we fondly recall patronizing... Trader Jons, MexPac, Cubi Club Bar, Alameda "O", are all gonzo, as are all our oil-fired 'rides... HalfwayBoat, TopGun, PussyVulture, Connie, O Boat, HandJob, Tico, LadyLex, BonnieDick, QueerBarge, etc. More NavAir traditions/culture slidin' into the Black Hole of history!:(
TJ-1.jpgTJ-2.jpgTJ-3.jpg
BzB

BigRed389

None
Is it not ironic, that most all the fun, cool places we fondly recall patronizing... Trader Jons, MexPac, Cubi Club Bar, Alameda "O", are all gonzo, as are all our oil-fired 'rides... HalfwayBoat, TopGun, PussyVulture, Connie, O Boat, HandJob, Tico, LadyLex, BonnieDick, QueerBarge, etc. More NavAir traditions/culture slidin' into the Black Hole of history!:(
View attachment 12845View attachment 12846View attachment 12847
BzB

Wow. I think I know what the others are nicknames are for, but the first 3 and O Boat are some serious headscratchers.

And Rule 34 recommends against trying to Google PussyVulture unless I want to see something I can't unsee. :D

BusyBee604

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow. I think I know what the others are nicknames are for, but the first 3 and O Boat are some serious headscratchers.
I didn't make these up... it's what they were known as back then (pre-PC):

First 3 = Midway, Ranger, Kitty Hawk.
O Boat = Oriskany.

Don't think you'd get any help from google re: PussyVulture.;)
And Rule 34 recommends against trying to Google PussyVulture unles I want to see something I can't unsee. :D
what-has-been-seen.jpg
BzB